Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. - Joseph Mellor 1869 to 1938 Chemist
There are many ways of knocking electrons out of atoms. The simplest is to rub two surfaces together. ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001
Frank Marugg (inv. 1944) USA – Wheel clamp.
John Herschel (1792–1871) UK – photographic fixer (hypo) actinometer.
Robert Cailliau (born 1947) Belgium – with Tim Berners-Lee the World Wide Web.
Norman Gaylord (1923–2007) USA – rigid gas-permeable contact lens.
Fyodor Blinov (1827–1902) Russia – first tracked vehicle steam-powered continuous track tractor.
Fritz Pfleumer (1881–1945) Germany – magnetic tape.
Auguste Piccard (1884–1962) Switzerland – Bathyscaphe.
Artem Mikoyan (1905–1970) Armenia/Russia – MiG-series fighter aircraft including world's most produced jet aircraft MiG-15 and most produced supersonic aircraft MiG-21 (together with Mikhail Gurevich).
John Ambrose Fleming (1848–1945) UK – vacuum diode.
Igor Gorynin (born 1926) Russia – weldable titanium alloys high strength aluminium alloys radiation-hardened steels.
Elihu Thomson (1853–1937) UK USA – Prolific inventor Arc lamp and many others.
Aleksandr Loran (1849 – after 1911) Russia – fire fighting foam foam extinguisher.
Sergei Ivanovich Mosin (1849–1902) Russia – Mosin–Nagant rifle.
Granville Woods (1856–1910) USA – the Synchronous Multiplex Railway Telegraph.
Ken Kutaragi (born 1950) Japan – PlayStation.
Edwin Beard Budding (1795–1846) UK – lawnmower.
David Boggs (born 1950) USA – Ethernet.
Raymond Kurzweil (born 1948) Optical character recognition; flatbed scanner.
Jack Kilby (1923–2005) USA – patented the first integrated circuit.
Margaret E. Knight (1838–1914) USA – machine that completely constructs box-bottom brown paper bags.
The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. - Thomas Thomson 1773 to 1852 Chemist
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
Physicists being in no way different from the rest of the population have short memories for what is inconvenient. ~ Anthony Standen 1907 – 1993
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Falsity in intellectual action is intellectual immorality. - Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin 1843 to 1928 Geologist
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.