We think there is color we think there is sweet we think there is bitter but in reality there are atoms and a void. ~ Democritus c. 460 – c. 370 BC
I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
David Brewster (1781–1868) United Kingdom – Kaleidoscope.
Konosuke Matsushita (1894–1989) Japan – a.o. battery-powered Bicycle lighting.
James Dyson (born 1947) UK – Dual Cyclone bagless vacuum cleaner incorporating the principles of cyclonic separation..
Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen) (965–1039) Iraq – camera obscura pinhole camera magnifying glass.
Nestor Genko (1839–1904) Russia – Genko's Forest Belt (the first large-scale windbreak system).
William Henry Perkin (1838–1907) United Kingdom – first synthetic organic chemical dye Mauveine.
John Frederic Daniell (1790–1845) United Kingdom – Daniel cell.
Motorins Ivan Feodorovich (1660s–1735) and his son Mikhail Ivanovich (?–1750) Russia – Tsar Bell.
Franz Joseph Emil Fischer (1877–1947) together with Hans Schrader (1921–2012) Germany – Fischer assay (oil yield test).
Sergei Winogradsky (1856–1953) Russia / USSR – Winogradsky column for culturing microorganisms.
Paul Winchell (1922–2005) USA – the artificial heart.
Percy Spencer (1894–1970) USA – microwave oven.
Pyotr Shilovsky (1871 – after 1924) Russia/United Kingdom – gyrocar.
Adolphe Kégresse (1879–1943) France/Russia – Kégresse track (first half-track and first off-road vehicle with continuous track) dual clutch transmission.
Fe del Mundo (1911–2011) The Philippines – medical incubator made out of bamboo for use in rural communities without electrical power.
John Wesley Hyatt (1837–1920) USA – celluloid manufacturing..
Richard T. Whitcomb (1921–2009) USA – Supercritical airfoil Winglet.
Simon Sze (born 1936) Taiwan/USA together with Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea – Floating-gate MOSFET.
Sam Golden (1915–1997) together with Leonard Bocour (1910–1993) USA – Acrylic paint.
Arkhip Lyulka (1908–1984) Russia – first double jet turbofan engine other Soviet aircraft engines.
The condition of matter I have dignified by the term Electronic THE ELECTRONIC STATE. What do you think of that? Am I not a bold man ignorant as I am to coin words? ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Falsity in intellectual action is intellectual immorality. - Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin 1843 to 1928 Geologist
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Although the alternate ‘wax and wane’ cycles are the rule rather than the exception in all fields of human endeavor in that of biological sciences the ‘wane’ is all too often indicative of a justified loss of faith in the rational and methodical approach that had at first raised so much hope. ~ Rita Levi-Montalcini 1909 to 2012 Neurobiologist
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. - Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 Biologist
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.