Understanding the history of matter and searching for its most interesting forms such as galaxies stars planets and life seems a suitable use for our intelligence. - Robert Kirshner 1949 to present Astronomer
We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
Dmitry Lachinov (1842–1902) Russia – mercury pump economizer for electricity consumption electrical insulation tester optical dynamometer photometer elecrolyser.
Albert Coons (1912–1978) USA – Immunofluorescence (microscopy).
Charlie Booth (1903–2008) Australia – Starting blocks.
Franz Joseph Emil Fischer (1877–1947) together with Hans Tropsch (1889–1935) Germany – Fischer–Tropsch process (refinery process).
Ed Seymour (inv. c. 1949) USA – Aerosol paint.
Mark Serrurier (1904–1988) USA – Serrurier truss for Optical telescopes.
Forrest Parry (1921–2005) USA – Magnetic stripe card.
Alexander Smakula (1900–1983) Ukraine/Russia/USA – anti-reflective coating.
Ernő Rubik (born 1944) Hungary – Rubik's Cube Rubik's Magic and Rubik's Clock.
Felix Hoffmann (Bayer) (1868–1949) Germany – Aspirin.
Otto Lilienthal (1848–1896) Germany – hang glider.
Oleg Losev (1903–1942) Russia – light-emitting diode crystadine.
Rostislav Alexeyev (1916–1980) Russia – ekranoplan.
Erna Schneider Hoover (born 1926) USA – computerized telephone switching system.
William H. Dobelle (1943–2004) United States – first functioning artificial eye.
Maurice Hilleman (1919–2005) – vaccines against childhood diseases.
Alexey Dushkin (1904–1977) Russia – deep column station.
Stephen Perry UK (fl. 19th century) – rubber band.
Francis Rogallo (1912–2009) USA – Rogallo wing.
Daniel David Palmer (1845–1913) Canada – chiropractic.
When you hear a physicist invoke the uncertainty principle keep a hand on your wallet. ~ David Griffiths b. 1942
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. - Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 Biologist
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.