We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Roxey Ann Caplin (1793–1888) UK – Corset.
Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī (Algoritmi) (c. 780-850) Persia/Iran – modern algebra mural instrument horary quadrant Sine quadrant shadow square.
Lucio Bini (1908–1964) together with Ugo Cerletti (1877–1963) Italy – Electroconvulsive therapy.
George Ballas (1925–2011) USA – String trimmer.
Yulii Khariton (1904–1996) Russia – chief designer of the Soviet atomic bomb co-developer of the Tsar Bomb.
William Friese-Greene (1855–1921) UK – cinematography.
Octave Chanute (1832–1910) US – Civil Engineer.
John Stringfellow (1799–1883) UK – aerial steam carriage.
Felix Hoffmann (Bayer) (1868–1949) Germany – Aspirin.
Ralph H. Baer (1922-December 6 2014) German born American – video game console.
Jan Czochralski (1885–1953) Poland / Germany – Czochralski process (crystal growth).
Fritz Klatte (1880–1934) Germany – vinyl chloride forerunner to polyvinyl chloride.
Heron (c. 10–70) Roman Egypt – usually credited with invention of the aeolipile although it may have been described a century earlier.
Sergey Korolyov (1907–1966) Ukraine/Russia – first successful intercontinental ballistic missile (R-7 Semyorka) R-7 rocket family Sputniks (including the first Earth-orbiting artificial satellite) Vostok program (including the first human spaceflight).
Georges Lakhovsky (1869–1942) Russia/USA – Multiple Wave Oscillator.
William George Armstrong (1810–1900) UK – hydraulic accumulator.
Rudolf Diesel (1858–1913) Germany – Diesel engine.
Charles Leiper Grigg (1868–1940) USA – 7 Up.
Andreas Stihl (1896–1973) Switzerland/Germany – Electric chain saw.
Yuri Trutnev (1927–) Russia – co-developer of the Tsar Bomb.
If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism and I think I may have got hold of a good thing. ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.