We do not celebrate people who have made success out of serious hard work. - Iain Duncan Smith
Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same. - Audrey Hepburn
"I wish I could just go tell all the young women I work with, all these fabulous women, 'Believe in yourself and negotiate for yourself. Own your own success.' I wish I could tell that to my daughter. But it's not that simple." - Sheryl Sandberg
Before you continue, Read About…
Accept Responsibility for Your Decisions: While chance will always play a role in your life, your decisions are the only thing you can control. So, take responsibility for your decisions. When the outcomes are bad, accept it as your fault; and when they are good, see what you did right.
Don’t Shy Away from Gray Areas: Gray areas are important. Those who are successful find out how to succeed, even when things are clearly black or white. Those who often fail to succeed cannot work through gray areas, but instead get confused and bogged down. If you want to get recognized and promoted, you must charge gray areas head- on and demonstrate that they won’t make you ineffective.
Don’t Drive Yourself into the Ground: We all go through hard times in our lives where the money isn’t flowing. But when this is the case, you must cut back and live simply. Don’t drive yourself into the ground financially, as the consequences are likely to manifest well into the future.
Think and Contribute Critically: When you’re at meetings or when a co-worker or boss asks for advice, think critically and try to make an important contribution. Don’t let the words go in one ear and other the other.
Strive for Healthiness and Transparency in Your Relationships: No matter whether it is a romantic relationship or a friendship, strive for healthiness and transparency. Don’t hide information. Don’t do anything to intentionally hurt your friend or partner. And, most of all, try to be honest and forthcoming in all of your endeavors.
Be Thrifty Where Possible: When you’re poor, thriftiness is a virtue. If you’ve fallen on hard times, you would be wise to be thrifty, rather than delusional about the state of your finances.
Befriend the HR Department: Make a friend in human resources. Next time there is a job opening in the works, you will be one of the first people to find out about it.
Find Ways to Stay Motivated: The successful always find ways to stay motivated, no matter what the circumstances. If you want to be successful, too, then you must also find something that keeps you fiery, motivated, and hungry for more.
Avoid Unnecessarily Risky Investments: Instead of picking stocks, put your money into a mix of high-yield and low-yield bonds. Or into a fund that is well diversified and offers a reasonable, but low- risk return.
Watch Video: Wakan Tanka (Promo) – documentary about climate change – connecting elders and youth
(via YouTube)"If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success." - John D. Rockefeller
I think all those people I did stories about measured their own success by the joy their work was giving them. - Charles Kuralt
"He has achieved success who has worked well, laughed often, and loved much." - Elbert Hubbard
"Success is not in never failing, but rising everytime you fall!" - Jonathan Taylor Thomas
"Success is not in what you have, but who you are." - Bo Bennett
I'm sure not afraid of success and I've learned not to be afraid of failure. The only thing I'm afraid of now is of being someone I don't like much. - Anna Quindlen
"Success is like death. The more successful you become, the higher the houses in the hills get and the higer the fences get." - Kevin Spacey
"My father was an immigrant who literally walked across Europe to get out of Russia. He fought in World War I. He was wounded in action. My father was a great success even though he never had money. He was a very determined man, a great role model." - Arlen Specter
"To win in Australia, for me, has to be the ultimate success because the Aussies live for sport." - Ian Botham
Don't confuse fame with success. Madonna is one Helen Keller is the other. - Erma Bombeck
Perseverance - a lowly virtue whereby mediocrity achieves an inglorious success. - Ambrose Bierce
"I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature." - John D. Rockefeller
"Young man, the secret of my success is that an early age I discovered that I was not God." " - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr."
"The NFL has been an amazing page in this chapter of my life. I pray that all successive adventures offer me the same potential for growth, success and most importantly fun." - Ricky Williams
"Everyone has determination - it's a question of how you use it. Hers is based on power and success and conquering she doesn't care what she has to do or who gets hurt in the process. In that way we're very, very different." - Dannii Minogue
"Success without honor is an unseasoned dish it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good." - Joe Paterno
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more