Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Abu-Mahmud al-Khujandi (c. 940–1000) Persia/Iran – astronomical sextant.
Gustav Tauschek (1899–1945) Austria – Drum memory.
Arogyaswami Paulraj (born 1944) India/USA – MIMO.
Leonty Shamshurenkov (1687–1758) Russia – first self-propelling carriage (a precursor to both bicycle and automobile) projects of an original odometer and self-propelling sledge.
Antonio Benedetto Carpano (1764–1815) Italy – modern vermouth.
Edwin H. Land (1909–1991) USA – Polaroid polarizing filters and the Land Camera.
Alan Blumlein (1903–1942) UK – stereo.
Christopher Cockerell (1910–1999) UK – Hovercraft.
Jabir ibn Aflah (Geber) (c. 1100–1150) Islamic Spain – portable celestial globe.
Paul Berg (born 1926) USA – created the first Recombinant DNA molecules.
Victor Makeev (1924–1985) Russia – first submarine-launched ballistic missile.
Sergei Lebedev (1874–1934) Russia – commercially viable synthetic rubber.
Georgii Karpechenko (1899–1941) Russia – rabbage (the first ever non-sterile hybrid obtained through the crossbreeding).
Maria Christina Bruhn (1732–1802) Sweden – Gunpowder.
Anatoly Alexandrov (1903–1994) Russia – anti-mine demagnetising of ships naval nuclear reactors (including one for the first nuclear icebreaker).
Stanislav Brebera (1925–2012) Czech Republic – Semtex explosive.
Carl Roman Abt (1850–1933) Switzerland – Abt rack railway system.
Marion O'Brien Donovan (1917–1998) USA – Waterproof diaper.
Rudolf Kompfner (1909–1977) USA – Traveling-wave tube.
Ivan Knunyants (1906–1990) Armenia/Russia – capron Nylon 6 polyamide-6.
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
Division is esteemed one of the busiest operations of Arithmetic and such as requireth a mind not wandering or settled upon other matters. ~ Thomas Hylles The arte of vulgar arithmeticke 1600 - Mathematician
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more