Understanding the history of matter and searching for its most interesting forms such as galaxies stars planets and life seems a suitable use for our intelligence. - Robert Kirshner 1949 to present Astronomer
The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
Maria Christina Bruhn (1732–1802) Sweden – Gunpowder.
Pyotr Kapitsa (1894–1984) Russia – first ultrastrong magnetic field creating techniques basic low-temperature physics inventions.
Robert Metcalfe (born 1946) USA – Ethernet.
Gordon Gould (1920–2005) USA – Laser see also Theodore Maiman.
Jozef Murgas (1864–1929) Slovakia – inventor of the wireless telegraph (forerunner of the radio).
Akinfiy Demidov (1678–1745) Russia – co-developer of rebar cast iron dome lightning rod (all found in the Leaning Tower of Nevyansk).
Theodor Svedberg (1884–1971) Sweden – Analytical ultracentrifuge.
Montgolfier brothers (1740–1810) and (1745–1799) France – hot air balloon.
Joseph Aspdin (1788–1855) UK – Portland cement.
Peter Petroff (1919–2004) Bulgaria – digital wrist watch heart monitor weather instruments.
Hasan al-Rammah (fl.1270s) Syria – rocket-propelled torpedo.
Robert Bunsen (1811–1899) Germany – Bunsen burner.
Charles Thomson Rees Wilson (1869–1959) UK – Cloud chamber.
Georgii Karpechenko (1899–1941) Russia – rabbage (the first ever non-sterile hybrid obtained through the crossbreeding).
Otto Blathy (1860–1939) Hungary – co-inventor of the transformer wattmeter alternating current (AC) and turbogenerator.
Eugene Polley (1915–2012) United States – wireless remote control (with Robert Adler).
Tommy Flowers (1905–1998) UK – Colossus an early electronic computer..
George H. Heilmeier (born 1936) USA – liquid crystal display (LCD).
Ted Hoff (born 1937) USA – microprocessor.
Rostislav Alexeyev (1916–1980) Russia – ekranoplan.
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Nothing can be more certain than this: that we are just beginning to learn something of the wonders of the world on which we live and move and have our being. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
If physics and biology one day meet and one of the two is swallowed up that one will be biology. ~ J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 - Biologist
A detective with his murder mystery a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions surmises fancies they stumble upon the right explanation and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach. ~ Gilbert Lewis 1875 – 1946
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
Biology is the study of the complex things in the Universe. Physics is the study of the simple ones. ~ Richard Dawkins 1941 – present - Evolutionary Biologist
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more