Scientists believe cats are afraid of water because their ancestors lived in an area with very few large bodies of water and never had to learn how to swim.
Lincoln's assassin was a famous actor and Lincoln himself was a fan of him.
Oxford University Is Older Than the Aztecs.
Suicide attempts were punished as crimes in England and Wales until 1961.
Smoking makes the risk of a heart attack 200% to 400% greater than that of nonsmokers.
60% of people needing mental health services in the U.S. don't get it often because of the stigma of seeking help.
George Washington grew Marijuana in his farm.
The piano Freddie Mercury plays in Bohemian Rhapsody is the same exact piano Paul McCartney plays in Hey Jude.
Cockroaches are among the world's fartiest species.
The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight in case of war or emergency they could be used as airstrips.
A group of pandas is called an "embarrassment."
In the Philippine jungle the yo-yo was first used as a weapon.
The official name of Spain is the "Kingdom of Spain."
During the Christmas season almost 28 LEGO sets are sold every second.
When You Fall in Love You Lose Two Close Friends.
The top butterfly flight speed is 12 miles per hour. Some moths can fly 25 miles per hour!
Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
55.1% of all US prisoners are in prison for drug offenses.
There are 20 000 light bulbs on the Eiffel Tower.
The animal in the Firefox logo isn't a Fox. It's a Red Panda.
Will Smith Nicolas Cage Tom Cruise Johnny Depp and Leo DiCaprio were offered the part of Neo in "The Matrix" movie before Keanu Reeves.
51% of Americans fear snakes most than any other thing in the world.
In Newfoundland Canada the Atlantic Ocean sometimes freezes so people play hockey on it.
There's an atomic bomb museum in New Mexico where the first atomic bomb was detonated. The museum is only open 12 hours per year.
Beer was not considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2013.
There are more people in slavery today than at any time in human history.
More Guinness beer is drunk in Nigeria than Ireland.
The Netherlands is the world's largest per capita consumer of coffee averaging 2.4 cups of coffee per person per day.
A whale’s penis is called a dork.
The Bible the world’s best-selling book is also the world’s most shoplifted book.
In 2011 a small town in Spain on the brink of financial ruin bet on the world's biggest lottery and won.
In 2009 WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton was turned down for a job at Facebook. Five years later Facebook purchased WhatsApp for US$19 billion.
Humans have been hunter-gatherers for 99% of their history.
There are approximately 1 600 pizza restaurants in New York City.
There's a Cereal Cafe in London where you can eat hundreds of different kinds of cereals from around the world.
Coca Cola was originally green.
A young Elvis Presley was once told: "Stick to driving a truck because you'll never make it as a singer."
A man named Robert Lane named his two sons "Winner" and "Loser."Winner grew up to be a criminal and Loser became a detective.
The Statue of Liberty is estimated to be hit by about 600 bolts of lightning every year.
Lizards can self-amputate their tails for protection. It grows back after a few months.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products