During WW2 a Japanese Consul saved 6 000 Jews from the Holocaust by writing them all Visas to Japan even after the government told him not to.
The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside down.
The smallest living dog in terms of length is a chihuahua who measured 15.2 cm (6 in).
Australia is an island surrounded by more than 8 000 smaller islands.
The blood you donate is sold on the open market and it's a US$4.5 billion per year industry.
Parents of new babies miss out on 6 months worth of sleep in the first 2 years of their child's life.
Bees can be trained to detect bombs.
1%of the World's Water Is Drinkable.
Indonesia is home to the world'slargest Islamic population.
29 000 rubber ducks were lost at sea in 1992 and are still being found revolutionising our knowledge of ocean science.
Only 5 to 10 percent of cheetah cubs make it to adulthood.
Jimmy Carter was the first U.S. President to be born in a hospital.
Dieting could force your brain to eat itself scientists say.
The human brain has the same consistency as tofu.
The word “vodka” comes from the Russian word “voda” that means “water”.
Nepal was the first country in Asia to introduce gay marriage. It has also outlawed the death penalty.
It takes up to 2 900 gallons of water to make a single pair of jeans.
A drink of rum and coke is called a "Cuba Libre" (Free Cuba) in Latin America except in Cuba where it is called a "mentirita" (little lie).
Cotton Candy was invented by a dentist.
McDonald's makes about US$75 million per day.
The average married couple has sex 68.5 times a year which is slightly more than once a week.
Hummer drivers get almost 5 times as many tickets as the U.S. national average for all vehicles according to a 2009 study.
Benjamin Franklin published a paper saying America's population growth was so fast it would surpass Britain in 100 years. This alarmed British leadership and was a factor in their oppression of the colonies.
The Titanic could have been saved if it wasn't for a 30-second delay in giving the order to change course after spotting the iceberg.
Of modern countries currently independent New Zealand was the first to allow women the vote.
Gorbachev recorded an album of Russian romantic ballads in 2009.
Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
After Michael Jordan scored a game-high 69 points teammate Stacey King quipped "I'll always remember this as the night that Michael Jordan and I combined to score 70 points."
“Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
The crocodile’s tongue is unmovable, as it is attached to the roof of its mouth.
The Black Death reduced the population of Europe by one third in the period from 1347 to 1351.
An average person spends 6 years of his life dreaming.
The Portuguese jellyfish tentacles have been known to grow a mile in length catching anything in it’s path by stinging it’s prey.
A Beer Wave of 388 000 Gallons (or 1.4m L) flooded London in 1814 after a huge vat ruptured.
Urine was used in Ancient Rome to wash clothes.
There is a waterfall in Antarctica that runs red as blood.
Steve Jobs once called Google to tell them the yellow gradient in the second "O" of their logo wasn't quite right.
A crocodile can’t move its tongue and cannot chew. Its digestive juices are so strong that it can digest a steel nail.
People drink more slowly when alcohol is served in straight-sided glasses than when it's served in glasses with curved sides a research found.
The first great civilization in Mexico were the Olmec established from 1500 B.C. to 400 B.C.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products