Each of us generates about 3.5 pounds of rubbish a day most of it paper.
There's no physical description of Jesus in the Bible.
Uruguay became in 2013 the first country in the world to make it legal to grow sell and consume marijuana.
60% of your brain is fat.
An average person’s yearly fast food intake will contain 12 pubic hairs.
43%of the world's olive oil production is done in Spain.
The city with the most Roll Royces per capita: Hong Kong
Snakes are unable to close their eyes. They can't blink and they must sleep with their eyes open.
1%of the World's Water Is Drinkable.
File-sharing is an official religion in Sweden. It holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V as sacred symbols.
According to the Wall Street Journal the cockfighting market is huge: The Philippines has five million roosters used for exactly that.
There is a version of the Bible translated into Hawaiian Pidgin called 'Da Jesus Book'.
There is a Welsh-speaking part of Argentina. It has its own dialect of Welsh.
Bill Gates bought Leonardo Da Vinci's Codex Leicester in 1994 for US$30 million. A few pages were used as screen saver on Windows 95.
There's no physical description of Jesus in the Bible.
There's a Christian church in San Francisco that worships John Coltrane as a Saint and uses his lyrics as prayers.
5%of Brits use Facebook while having sex according to a survey.
A 2013 survey found 7% of Americans believe the moon landing was a hoax.
Babies are born without kneecaps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
In 1936 American track star Jesse Owens beat a race horse over a 100-yard course. The horse was given a head start.
The females of some moth species lack wings all they can do to move is crawl.
Some moths never eat anything as adults because they don’t have mouths. They must live on the energy they stored as caterpillars.
Ancient Rome in 150 CE had less income inequality than the U.S. today.
1 in 5 people in France has experienced depression making it the most depressed country in the world.
It was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city in Iceland.
The King James Bible has inspired the lyrics of more pop songs than any other book.
While sudden heart attacks during sex are rare 75% of them happen to men who are cheating on their wives.
You have about 70 000 thoughts a day.
Every time you lick a stamp you consume 1/10 of a calorie.
City of Industry California has a population of 219 but is home to 80 000 jobs.
Bin Laden’s death was announced on 1st May 2011. Hitler’s death was announced on 1st May 1945.
One of the assassins of Archduke Franz Ferdinand threw a grenade but missed the car. He swallowed cyanide and jumped to the River Miljacka. The cyanide was expired and did not work and the river was only 10cm deep. He was captured seconds later.
The crack of a whip is actually a tiny sonic boom since the tip breaks the sound barrier.
There's a lizard known as Jesus Christ Lizard due to its ability to run on the water.
In Italy the same voice actor will follow an American actor throughout their filmography and career.
In Quebec there is an old law that states margarine must be a different color than butter.
Possessing Bibles watching South Korean movies and distributing pornography may be punished with death in North Korea.
A Beer Wave of 388 000 Gallons (or 1.4m L) flooded London in 1814 after a huge vat ruptured.
Most antibiotics are made from bacteria.
A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)