For all the talk of John Carter's $200m write-off, the worldwide box office is slowly catching up with the budget. Disney can't say the same for 2011's Mars Needs Moms which ended with a gulf of $112m between costs and ticket sales. Note to Disney: keep away from the red planet.
The group Abba was originally intended to do the music for The Lion King, but they weren’t available, so Disney went with Elton John.
The lights over the facehugger eggs in Alien were provided by Roger Daltrey and The Who. The band were rehearsing the laser show next door to Ridley Scott's set.
Indian actor Brahmanandam Kanneganti had a role in more than 1000 films a world record.
Also, Andy didn’t have a dad in Toy Story because human characters were expensive and difficult to animate.
Pierce Brosnan was contractually forbidden from wearing a full tuxedo in any non-James Bond movie from 1995-2002.
Jim 'King of the World' Cameron also had a second ending for Titanic in which Bill Paxton and the old lady face off over the million dollar necklace. If you thought the original ending was schmaltzy check out the 'life is priceless' alternative.
In Saving Private Ryan, all of the main cast were given basic military training except Matt Damon, in the hope that the cast would build a resentment towards him necessary for the role.
Before being an actor Bruce Willis worked as a private investigator.
C.S. Lewis reviewed The Hobbit in 1937 saying, ” The Hobbit may well prove a classic.”
The character Sid from Toy Story is said to have made an appearance in Toy Story 3. He’s the garbage man.
The scene with Jenny on the ground outside her house in Forrest Gump is similar to painting, Christina’s World.
Franz Ferdinand were the original choice to play the band at the Hogwarts Yule Ball.
On the set of one of the Pirates of the Carribbean films, Johnny Depp spent £40,000 on 500 coats for the cast and crew.
Will Smith Nicolas Cage Tom Cruise Johnny Depp and Leo DiCaprio were offered the part of Neo in "The Matrix" movie before Keanu Reeves.
Micheal Jackson loved Mexican food, later in his life he loved KFC’s fried chicken.
When Daniel Radcliffe found out he’d got the part of Harry Potter at the age of 11, his parents allowed him to stay up an extra half hour and watch Fawlty Towers to celebrate!
Development of Wreck-It Ralph started in the 1980s. The film was almost called High Score and Joe Jump.
"Apollo 13" "Armageddon" and "Around the World in 80 Days" are among the movies NASA keeps aboard the International Space Station.
Taylor Lautner was a junior world karate champion for several years running.
Adjusted for inflation, all of the 12(!) Friday the 13th movies made more than the Saw series domestically, making Jason Voorhees the North American blood and guts box office champ.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products