There are approximately 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day.
Every year nearly four million cats are eaten in China as a delicacy.
Yucatan Mexico was named after a misunderstanding. Spaniards asked the locals what was the place called. They replied "Yucatan " which in their language means "I don't understand you."
Hewlett-Packard’s name was decided in a coin toss.
You cannot work in Antarctica unless your wisdom teeth and appendix are removed.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is the official name of a village in Wales.
Ancient Romans used a sponge on a stick to clean themselves after pooping and shared it with everyone.
The dumbest dog in the world is the Afghan hounds.
The woman who underwent the world's first successful womb transplant became pregnant in 2013.
In ancient Greek the word "idiot" meant anyone who wasn't a politician.
The average dog can run about 19 mph.
To earn enough to buy a Big Mac the average person in India has to work almost 6 hours.
2 000 pounds of space dust and other space debris fall on the Earth everyday.
Crack cocaine is considered the most addictive form of cocaine.
London has 72 billionaires the most of any city.
Teddy Roosevelt volunteered for service in World War I ten years after having served as U.S. president.
McLaren F1's engines are built with gold.
You can be fined up to $1 000 for whistling on Sunday in Salt Lake City Utah.
A chicken with red ear lobes will produce brown eggs, and a chicken with white ear lobes will produce white eggs.
In Greek mythology it was believed that redheads turn into vampires when they die.
The word "coffee" comes from the Arabic for "wine of the bean".
A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
Breathing the air of Beijing has the same health risks as smoking 21 cigarettes a day.
To be a London black cab driver one is expected to know over 25 000 roads and 50 000 points of interest and pass a test called "The Knowledge."
President John F Kennedy could read 4 newspapers in 20 minutes.
Ballroom dancing is a major at Brigham University.
Starfish do not have blood. Their blood is actually filtered sea water.
The first known vending machine dates back to the 1st Century AD. It accepted a coin then dispensed holy water.
McDonald's is not the world's largest restaurant chain. Subway is.
In the last 60 years over 23 000 North Koreans have defected to South Korea. Only two South Koreans have gone to the North.
Reincarnation is forbidden in China without government permission.
German soccer player Mesut Ozil donated his €300 000 World Cup victory bonus to pay surgeries for 23 children in Brazil.
of all US$ cash is held overseas. 66%
Facebook earns an average of US$5.85 from every U.S. user.
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
In 2010 a Canadian man rescued a newborn baby from a dumpster only to find out he was the father.
Anne Frank wrote in her famous diary "When I write I can shake off all my cares. (...) But (...) will I ever be able to write something great?"
At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weighs about four ounces.
Stockholm the capital of Sweden is built on 14 islands and the city centre is virtually situated on the water.
There are 240 dots on an arcade Pac-Man game
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)