Nuclear power prevented an average of over 1.8 million deaths between 1971-2009 as a result of lower air pollution from reduced coal usage according to NASA.
Over 500 girls have been named Hermione since the first 'Harry Potter' movie came out.
Construction workers in Brazil cemented a car on a pavement after its driver refused to move it.
During WW2 the Japanese invaded Alaska and more Americans were killed or wounded defending Alaska than at Pearl Harbor.
Tap water has a shelf-life of 6 months after which chlorine dissipates and bacteria starts to grow.
If you have a fear of chickens, then you actually have Alektorophobia.
The most common name in world is Muhammad.
It has been estimated that humans use only 10% of their brain.
There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building.
In York it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow (except on Sundays)
WW1 allied soldiers would fire thousands of rounds at random over the German trenches to boil the water in their machine guns to make tea.
The top 10% of American alcohol consumers ingest about 10 drinks per day.
Despite a population of over a billion China has only about 200 family names.
The Nazis tried to teach dogs to talk and read.
Google earns US$20 billion a year from advertising more than the primetime revenues of CBS NBC ABC and FOX combined.
There's a microwaveable Burrito Vending Machine at a gas station in Hollywood California.
A sizable oak tree during the typical growing season gives off 28 000 gallons of moisture.
The most successful Pirate Captain was a Chinese prostitute with 80 000 sailors working for her.
Albert Einstein's eyes remain in a safe box in NYC.
Baby whales can gain up to 200 pounds per day.
Two-thirds of all the people in the world who have ever lived to be 65 years old are still alive today.
The first Google Doodle was dedicated to the Burning Man festival attended by Google founders in 1998.
The most poisonous fish in the world is the stone fish.
Cherophobia is the fear of fun.
Butterflies can only see the colours red, green and yellow.
The average thickness of ice in Antarctica is about 1 mile (1.6 km) .
23%rose the cost of living in NYC in just five years: from 2009 to 2014.
In 2010 the country of Ghana in Africa banned the sale of second hand underwear.
Norway will be the first country to turn off FM radio in 2017 and switch completely to digital.
Cats have 32 muscles that control the outer ear while humans have only 6.
When young black sea basses are mostly female but at the age of 5 years many switch sexes to male.
The song Jingle Bells was originally written for Thanksgiving.
Warner Music collected over US$2 million in royalties in 2008 for public usage of the "Happy Birthday" song.
A literal translation of a standard traffic sign in China: “Give large space to the festive dog that makes sport in the roadway.”
Only one satellite has been ever been destroyed by a meteor: the European Space Agency’s Olympus in 1993.
Russia & America are less than 4 km apart at the nearest point.
Lobster was fed to slaves because it was considered a mark of poverty prior to the 20th century.
A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
Sleeping less than 7 hours each night reduces your life expectancy.
Olympic Gold Medals only contain 1.34% of gold.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)