In Catalonia (Spain) a smiley-faced piece of wood called "Shitting Log" poops out the presents in Christmas.
During WW2 India produced the largest volunteer Army in world history: over 2.5 million men. At least 38 Indians received the Victoria Cross or the George Cross.
There are over 2700 types of snakes in the world and they live in deserts, forests, oceans, streams, lakes.
Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
Paraskavedekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th!
Over 5 000 climbers have successfully reached Mount Everest's peak including a 13-year-old a blind person and a 73-year-old woman.
The last words Abraham Lincoln heard were "you sockdologizing old man-trap " a punchline from the play "Our American Cousin."
A dik-dik is a tiny antelope that lives in East Africa, Namibia and Angola.
Cocaine can be purchased for about US$5 per gram in Colombia while in the U.S. it sells for at least US$100.
Humans are 50% heavier and four inches taller in the past 100 years than they have been throughout most of human history.
Global warming has raised the earth's average surface temperature about 1.5°F (0.8°C) since the Industrial Revolution.
A grizzly bear has to eat almost 20 000 calories a day.
John Lennon sometimes liked to sleep in an old coffin.
Inscribed pottery from the Middle Kingdom of Ancient Egypt list 3 human genders. The reason is uncertain.
Life expectancy in Ancient Rome was from 20 to 30 years.
Mount Everest has about 200 dead bodies on it which are now landmarks on the way to the top.
2 million German women aged 13-70 were allegedly raped by the Red Army on WW2.
The people of France eat more cheese than any other country in the world.
Scientists want to introduce global warming on Mars to make life habitable for colonization.
Most dinosaurs are known from just a single tooth or bone.
North Korea is outsourcing its forced labor camps to work in Siberia.
27 000 trees are felled each day for toilet paper.
Italy is home to the largest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites with 50.
An estimated 80% of animals on Earth have six legs.
The ice sheet of Antarctica has been in existence for at least 40 million years.
WW1 was the sixth deadliest conflict in world history.
Cat kidneys are so efficient they can rehydrate by drinking seawater.
Kuwait is about 60% male (highest in the world). Latvia is about 54% female (highest in the world).
359 years after the Catholic Church forced Galileo Galilei to recant his theory that the Earth moves around the Sun it declared he was right in 1992.
When the first prototype of Apple's iPod was shown to Steve Jobs he dropped it in an aquarium and used the air bubbles to prove there was empty space and it could be made smaller.
In the UK nearly 1 in 10 couples are ethnically mixed.
Armageddon (Har Megiddo) has already been the site of several historical battles the last in 1918.
When sharks take a bite their eyes roll back and their teeth jut out.
The ostrich has two toes on each foot which gives it greater speed.
The RMS Titanic was built in Belfast Northern Ireland.
Entomophobia is the fear of insects.
Norway has the world's highest gas prices at $10.12 a gallon of premium gas.
In 2003 Leonardo Da Vinci's machines were built and tested according to his original designs for a documentary. Some were successful and others proved to be impractical.
In 2013 a bacteria was found in New Zealand that's resistant to every single antibiotic known.
Of the six flags planted on the moon five of them are still standing.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)