Between 25% and 33% of the population sneeze when exposed to light.
The production of Disney's film Tangled was more expensive than Avatar's production.
De-extinction is scientifically possible. Several viruses have already been brought back including the 1918 flu pandemic virus.
If you die homeless or with no money in New York City you are buried by prisoners on Hart Island in a mass grave: up to 1000 per grave for children and 50 for adults.
Before compasses Vikings navigated the ocean using birds whales celestial bodies chants and rhymes.
Worms eat their own poo.
A Flemish artist is responsible for the world’s smallest paintings in history. It is a picture of a miller and his mill and it was painted onto a grain of corn.
Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
It costs the U.S. Government US$2 768 902 per year to hold a prisoner in Guantanamo.
Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
1 in 4 adults in Swaziland Africa are infected with HIV.
Over 1000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.
A third of all divorce filings of 2011 in the U.S. contained the word "Facebook."
A ‘jiffy’ is an actual unit of time: 1/100th of a second.
If the Statue of Liberty was built today it would cost about US$1.2 million.
Between 1525 and 1866 12.5 million Africans were kidnaped and sold into slavery in the Americas.
823 same-sex couples were married in New York City on the first day that same-sex marriage was legal state-wide.
A cat uses its whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through.
Sloths take two weeks to digest their food.
Between 1974 and 1983 up to 30 000 people went "missing" in Argentina. Most were killed by the military junta running the country.
More people are killed annually by donkeys than airplane crashes.
“Duff” is the decaying organic matter found on a forest floor.
American astronauts have been able to vote in elections from space since 1997.
Steve Jobs denied paternity on his first child Lisa claiming he was sterile.
In Peru there's a billboard that creates drinkable water out of thin air.
Many Tibetan monks sleep upright.
"Fart Battles" were a popular art scrolls created in Japan during the Edo period.
A cat’s jaw cannot move sideways.
"Good cholesterol" (HDL) can "turn bad" and solidify into fat-clogs.
Prostitutes in Spain have to wear reflective vests like highway workers to reduce accidents.
Spanish rice is unknown in Spain.
The Earth's core is about as hot as the sun.
Women undergoing abortion after 18 weeks gestation sometimes give birth to a fetus that may survive briefly. It happens in about 4 per 100 000 abortions.
More people go to church on Sunday in China than in the whole of Europe.
Unfaithful men have lower IQsaccording to a scientific study.
In the original script "Rocky" ended with Rocky throwing the fight and opening a pet store for Adrian with the money he made.
Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
Right-handed people tend to chew food on the right side while left-handed tend to chew on the left side.
There is no scientific evidence that shaving or waxing will make your hair come back thicker.
Roles are reversed on Emperor Penguin: the Male incubates the egg while she goes out to feed.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)