Bill Gates pays over US$1 million per year in property taxes for his house.
51%of Britons have never had a one-night stand.
It snowed in the Sahara Desert in 1979.
1%of Germany's population is genetically immune to HIV.
Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.
Inventor Franz Reichelt died by jumping from the Eiffel Tower while testing a parachute of his own design.
The soil on Mars is particularly good for growing asparagus.
In Halden a high-security prison in Norway every cell has a flat screen TV an en-suite shower and fluffy white towels.
Only female mosquitoes drink blood. Males are vegetarians.
When two people kiss they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria.
The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
The cost of building the Statue of Liberty and pedestal amounted to over US$500 000 over US$10m in today's money.
During it’s lifetime an oyster changes its sex from male to female and back several times.
Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula”.
The most powerful earthquake to strike the United States occurred in 1811 in New Madrid Missouri. The quake shook more than one million square miles and was felt as far as 1 000 miles away.
In South Carolina the maximum sentence for beating your dog is longer than the max sentence for beating your wife.
There's a Barbie-like Islamic doll called "Fulla".
Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn’t wear trousers.
Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
In Iran a law from 2013 allows Men to marry their 13-year-old adopted daughters.
The blue whale can produce the loudest sound of any animal. At 188 decibels the noise can be detected over 800 km (500 mi) away.
The last surviving Civil War widow didn't pass away until 2008. She married an 86-year-old veteran when she was only 19.
Einstein was offered the presidency of Israel which he politely declined.
During the 70s a suicide jumper from the Golden Gate Bridge left a note that read "I'm going to walk to the bridge. If one person smiles at me on the way I will not jump."
When opossums are playing ‘possum they are not “playing.” They actually pass out from sheer terror.
Eagles can live in captivity for up to 46 years.
Your weight in Mars is over 60% less than on Earth.
Beauty pageants for children are banned in France. They are punishable with up to 2 years in prison and a €30 000 fine.
There's a "DUMB Starbucks" where every product has the word "dumb" in front of it.
Starfish don’t die of old age.
You were born with 300 bones but by the time you are an adult you will only have 206.
Rooster is simply a male chicken.
The Gulf War cost each American US$306 while Vietnam was US$2 204 per person. The Korean War cost US$2 266 and WW2 US$20 388 per person.
There's a river in Australia called the"Never Never River."
A member of the French Foreign Legion wounded while defending France can immediately apply for French citizenship as he is "French by spilled blood"
The shape of plant collenchyma’s cells and the shape of the bubbles in beer foam are the same – they are orthotetrachidecahedrons.
More U.S. soldiers committed suicide than died in combat in 2012.
A creep is a metallurgical term for when something that is normally very strong bends because of gravity. This happens to many metals at high temperatures where they won’t melt but they will creep.
Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
Canada is the second largest country in the world right after Russia.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)