Bolivia was not a landlocked country. Its territory on the Pacific Ocean was lost to Chile after the War of the Pacific in the mid 19th century.
The summer in Uranus is 42 years long.
“Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
New Yorkers spent 74 hours of their lives in traffic jams in 2014.
The Versace dress Jennifer Lopez wore to the 2000 Grammy Awards sparked the creation of Google Images.
Mount Olympus Mons on Mars is three times the size of Mount Everest.
Vladimir The Great Prince of Kiev considered converting to Christianity or Islam. He sent envoys to study both religions but upon hearing that Islam forbade alcohol he got baptized.
United Artists offered Stallone up to US$340 000 to sell them the rights to the screenplay of Rocky if he agreed to not star in the movie. He refused.
When you donate your body to science it can get used as a crash test dummy for medical training forensic research or to save a life through organ transplants.
The first sailing boats were invented in Egypt.
Scientists have figured out how to "unboil" an egg.
Stockholm the capital of Sweden is built on 14 islands and the city centre is virtually situated on the water.
2200 years ago Eratosthenes estimated the Earth's circumference using math without ever leaving Egypt. He was remarkably accurate. Christopher Columbus later studied him.
Tigers can see 6 times better at night than humans.
Oil is cheaper than water in Venezuela and Saudi Arabia.
Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds while dogs only have about ten.
In 2003 Leonardo Da Vinci's machines were built and tested according to his original designs for a documentary. Some were successful and others proved to be impractical.
Sex burns 360 calories per hour.
Thanks to his Internet popularity the child from the "Success Kid" meme made enough money to fund his dad's kidney transplant.
If you use iTunes you have already agreed not to use Apple products to create nuclear weapons.
Anise is the scent on the artificial rabbit that is used in greyhound races.
The Philippines has the slowest Internet speed in the entire Southeast Asian region with an average speed of 3.54 Mbps.
Sailfish can leap out of the water and into the air at a speed of 50 miles (81 km) per hour.
One woman dies every hour in India because of dowry-related crimes.
When you get a book published in Norway the Government will buy a 1000 copies and distribute them to libraries.
Beauty pageants for children are banned in France. They are punishable with up to 2 years in prison and a €30 000 fine.
India's Hindu calendar has 6 seasons: spring summer monsoon autumn winter and prevernal.
55% of Americans think they are smarter than the average American.
Google intends to scan all known existing 129 million unique books before 2020.
Ovarian cancer is linked to the use of Johnson and Johnson's talc-based Baby Powder.
In 1938 15 000 Argentines celebrated in Buenos Aires the NAZI annexation of Austria.
The U.S. is currently in it's longest period of not having a president die in office.
A large group of goats is called a herd.
Apple iPad's retina display is actually manufactured by Samsung.
Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously
Residents of New York City can get free condoms and lube by calling 311.
In Virginia it is illegal to hunt on a Sunday except for raccoons which can be hunted until 2 AM.
If you travel across Russia you will cross seven time zones.
A red blood cell can make a complete circuit of your body in 30 seconds.
Oprah Winfrey and Elvis Presley are distant cousins.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)