The development of biology is going to destroy to some extent our traditional grounds for ethical belief and it is not easy to see what to put in their place. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 Molecular Biologist
I think it would be quite wrong to suggest that my colleagues have rejected me or that I reject them. Quite the reverse. It’s only a small vociferous group – mainly biologists I’m sorry to say – that go beyond ordinary scientific criticism and start becoming personal. ~ James Lovelock 1919 – present - Gaia Theorist Inventor Scientific Polymath
Robert H. Dennard (born 1932) USA– Dynamic random-access memory (DRAM).
Charles Mantoux (1877–1947) France – Mantoux test (tuberculosis).
William Thomson 1st Baron Kelvin (1824–1907) United Kingdom – Kelvin absolute temperature scale.
Frans Wilhelm Lindqvist (1862–1931) Sweden – Kerosene stove operated by compressed air.
John J. Mooney (born c. 1928) together with Carl D. Keith (1920–2008) USA – three way catalytic converter.
Tullio Campagnolo (1901–1983) Italy – Quick release skewer.
Blaise Pascal (1623–1662) France – Pascal's calculator.
Ibn Samh (c. 1020) Middle East – mechanical geared astrolabe.
Victor Hasselblad (1906–1978) Sweden – invented the 6 x 6 cm single-lens reflex camera.
Kary Mullis (born 1944) USA – PCR.
Joseph-Armand Bombardier (1907–1964) Canada – snowmobile.
Charles H. Henry (born 1937) USA – Quantum well laser.
Nicolas Appert (1749–1841) France – canning (food preservation) using glass bottles see also Peter Durand.
Octave Chanute (1832–1910) US – Civil Engineer.
Édouard Branly (1844–1940) France – the coherer the first widely used detector for radio communication..
Momofuku Ando (1910–2007) Japan – Instant noodles.
Lala Balhumal Lahuri (c. 1842) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Sennacherib (705–681 BC) Iraq (Mesopotamia) – screw pump.
Pyotr Kapitsa (1894–1984) Russia – first ultrastrong magnetic field creating techniques basic low-temperature physics inventions.
Gavriil Adrianovich Tikhov (1875–1960) Russia – feathering spectrograph.
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Our thoughts visions and fantasies have a physical reality. A thought is made of hundreds of electrochemical impulses. ~ Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astrobiologist Planetary Scientist
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
This most beautiful system of the sun planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. And if the fixed stars are the centres of other like systems these being formed by the like wise counsel must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially since the light of the fixed stars is of the same nature with the light of the sun. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
Geometry inasmuch as it is concerned with real space is no longer considered a part of pure mathematics; like mechanics and physics it belongs among the applications of mathematics. ~ Hermann Weyl 1885 to 1955 - Mathematician and Theoretical Physicist
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products