I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. ~ Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 - Biologist
Fedor Tokarev (1871–1968) Russia – TT-33 semiautomatic handgun and SVT-40 self-loading rifle.
Ri Sung-gi (1905–1996) North Korea – Vinylon.
Ibn Samh (c. 1020) Middle East – mechanical geared astrolabe.
Harold P. Brown (1857–1944) USA – electrical safety equipment plastic rail bond electric contact alloy application of concrete with compressed air or steam.
Muhammad ibn Zakarīya Rāzi (Rhazes) (865–965) Persia/Iran – distillation and extraction methods sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid soap kerosene kerosene lamp chemotherapy sodium hydroxide.
Evgeny Murzin (1914–1970) Russia – ANS synthesizer.
Willem Johan Kolff (1911–2009) Netherlands – artificial kidney hemodialysis machine.
Frederick Walton (c. 1834–1928) UK – Linoleum.
Anthony Michell (1870–1959) Australia – tilting pad thrust bearing crankless engine.
William Saville-Kent (1845–1908) UK/Australia – Pearl culture see also Mikimoto Kōkichi.
Shintaro Uda (1869–1976) together with Hidetsugu Yagi (1886–1976) Japan – Yagi-Uda antenna.
János Csonka (1852–1939) Hungary – co-inventor of carburetor.
Robert Bunsen (1811–1899) Germany – Bunsen burner.
Su Song (1020–1101) China – first chain drive.
Montgolfier brothers (1740–1810) and (1745–1799) France – hot air balloon.
William Painter (1838–1906) UK/USA – a.o. Crown cork Bottle opener.
Pyotr Shilovsky (1871 – after 1924) Russia/United Kingdom – gyrocar.
Paul Berg (born 1926) USA – created the first Recombinant DNA molecules.
Gottlob Widmann (inv. c. 1954) Germany – Electrical drip coffee maker.
Mark Serrurier (1904–1988) USA – Serrurier truss for Optical telescopes.
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Geometry inasmuch as it is concerned with real space is no longer considered a part of pure mathematics; like mechanics and physics it belongs among the applications of mathematics. ~ Hermann Weyl 1885 to 1955 - Mathematician and Theoretical Physicist
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.