The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
The physical chemists never use their eyes and are most lamentably lacking in chemical culture. It is essential to cast out from our midst root and branch this physical element and return to our laboratories. ~ Henry Edward Armstrong 1848 to 1937
Narcis Monturiol i Estarriol (1819–1885) Spain – steam powered submarine.
Petrache Poenaru (1799–1875) Romania – fountain pen.
Andrei Tupolev (1888–1972) Russia – turboprop powered long-range airliner (Tupolev Tu-114) turboprop strategic bomber (Tupolev Tu-95).
Satyendra Nath Bose (1894–1974) India – work on gas-like properties of electromagnetic radiation Boson and providing foundation for Bose–Einstein statistics and Bose–Einstein condensate.
Ed Lowe (1920–1995) USA – Cat litter.
Antonio Pacinotti (1841–1912) Italy – Pacinotti dynamo.
Zang-Hee Cho (born 1936) South Korea – co-inventor of Positron emission tomography and PET-MRI.
John Hadley (1682–1744) UK – Octant.
Jozef Karol Hell (1713–1789) Slovakia – the water pillar.
Gyula Takátsy (1914–1980) Hungary – first Microtiter plate.
Elmer Ambrose Sperry (1860–1930) USA – gyroscope-guided automatic pilot.
Dmitry Lachinov (1842–1902) Russia – mercury pump economizer for electricity consumption electrical insulation tester optical dynamometer photometer elecrolyser.
Alexander Morozov (1904–1979) Russia – T-54/55 (the most produced tank in history) co-developer of T-34.
Ivan Pavlov (1849–1936) Russia – classical conditioning.
Charles Algernon Parsons (1854–1931) British – steam turbine.
Federico Faggin (born 1941) Italy – microprocessor.
Arnold O. Beckman (1900–2004) USA – electric pH meter.
Semen Korsakov (1787–1853) Russia – punched card for information storage.
Harold P. Brown (1857–1944) USA – electrical safety equipment plastic rail bond electric contact alloy application of concrete with compressed air or steam.
John Blenkinsop (1783–1831) UK – Blenkinsop rack railway system.
Physicists being in no way different from the rest of the population have short memories for what is inconvenient. ~ Anthony Standen 1907 – 1993
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Falsity in intellectual action is intellectual immorality. - Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin 1843 to 1928 Geologist
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. - Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 Biologist
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more