There's an underground river 4 KM (2.4 mi) beneath the Amazon River in Brazil that might be as long but hundreds of times wider.
The Aztecs sacrificed 1% of their population every year or about 250 000 people.
Kissing can cause tooth decay.
The human body emits upwards of 10^6 biological particles per hour creating a detectible microbial cloud into surrounding indoor air.
Facebook, Skype and Twitter are all banned in China.
Antarctica is the largest desert in the world.
Only about 1 in every 10 000 people has "perfect pitch" the ability to identify a musical note just by hearing it with no reference note.
Global warming 'solved' a land dispute between India and Bangladesh: the island in dispute disappeared.
After 9/11 the Maasai tribe of Kenya gave 14 of their most important cattle to America as aid.
There are four times as many abandoned houses as there are homeless people in New York City.
There are about 173 000 venomous species: from lizards to spiders and fish.
College textbooks prices in the U.S. have risen faster than health-care housing and inflation.
In 1492 the Catholic monarchs of Spain issued a decree banning all Jews from Spain. Sultan Bayezid a Muslim sent the Ottoman navy to Spain to rescue the Jews from Spanish persecution.
The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses.
Brazil distributes women's breast milk around the country to babies whose mothers can't provide it for them.
Picasso burned most of his early work to keep his apartment warm because he was poor.
When a person dies his sense of hearing is the last to go.
There are 24 different dialects of English in the US.
Traffic in central London moves at the same speed as horse-drawn carriages a century ago.
The word "coffee" comes from the Arabic for "wine of the bean".
Israel is the only country in the world to draft women into Military service.
Caterpillars have about four thousand muscles. Humans by comparison have only about six hundred.
Hippos attract mates by urinating and defecating.
2% of people who jump off the Golden Gate Bridge survive the fall. One man even jumped off for "fun".
Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
The time traveling machine in the movie "Back to the Future" was originally supposed to be a refrigerator.
In 1859 24 rabbits were released in Austrailia. Within six years the population grew to 2 million.
A secret message was engraved inside Abraham Lincoln's pocket watch by a jeweler and it was not discovered until 2009.
Rape is reported every six minutes in the U.S.
To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaws push your thumbs into its eyeballs – it will let you go instantly.
California has issued 6 drivers licenses to people named Jesus Christ.
In 1949 forecasting the relentless march of science Popular Mechanics said computers in the future may weigh no more than 5 tons.
France is the most visited country in the world: 83 million tourists in 2012.
C.S. Lewis Aldous Huxley and John F. Kennedy died on the same day.
In 2011 a man was arrested in Sweden for splitting an atom in his kitchen.
To our eyes in space the sun would appear white not yellow.
Cats have +100 sounds in their vocal repertoire while dogs have only 10.
Medicinal Marijuana is Considered Kosher in Some Cases by Judaism.
"Time"is the most commonly used noun in English.
A creep is a metallurgical term for when something that is normally very strong bends because of gravity. This happens to many metals at high temperatures where they won’t melt but they will creep.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products