The decadent international but individualistic capitalism in the hands of which we found ourselves after the war is not a success. It is not intelligent. It is not beautiful. It is not just. It is not virtuous. And it doesn't deliver the goods. - John Maynard Keynes
"I believe there are three keys to success. For me it is keeping my priorities in order: It's my faith and my family, and then the business." - Kathy Ireland
"Everybody loves success, but they hate successful people." - John McEnroe
Before you continue, Read About…
Affirm Yourself and Your Choices: In business, you will have to make many difficult decisions. Instead of constantly second-guessing your decisions, take time to affirm your choices periodically, so that you do become overwhelmed by self-doubt.
Create Schedules and Use a Calendar: Similar to keeping your office space clean and organized, keeping your schedule clean and organized is important, too. It helps to keep your mind clear of unnecessary clutter and worries; and instead focus on moment.
Try to be Empathetic and Caring in Your Interactions with Family Members: Instead of judging family members and complaining to them, try to understand where they come from; and try to empathize with their situations. Try hard to make their situations in life better; and they will do the same for you.
Dream Big—and Translate Those Dreams into Action: One thing that the successful consistently do is dream big. But unlike most of us, they take those dreams and translate them into action—and, ultimately, positive outcomes.
Don’t Let Your Past Limit Your Future: In the past, you failed miserably at many things. But that doesn’t have to carry over into the future. Don’t let your past limit your future, but instead, let go of your past failures and focus on what the future offers.
Limit Your Use of Short-Cuts: Of course, some short cuts are a good thing. If you can find a way to go from point A to point B in half of the time and there is no downside to the new route, then you should of course take it. But in many instances in business, we do face tradeoffs. For instance, we might be able to cut costs by not giving employees a raise, but as a result, they might become disgruntled and intentionally shirk their duties. So, in general, limit your use of short cuts. But if you see one that’s good and doesn’t appear to have a downside, then seize it, but do so.
Become Goal-Oriented: Don’t only set goals, but become goal-oriented. That is, in every waking moment, decide how you will channel your energy and actions towards outcomes that favor your chosen set of goals.
Don’t Ask Questions if You Can Answer Them Yourself: One thing the successful do well is to solve problems themselves, rather than burdening others with them. If you want a promotion, you have to learn how to do this, too.
Befriend the HR Department: Make a friend in human resources. Next time there is a job opening in the works, you will be one of the first people to find out about it.
Watch Video: The Power Within – Motivational Video
(via YouTube)"I think you can have 10,000 explanations for failure, but no good explanation for success." - Paulo Coelho
The writing of a melody is an emotional moment success doesn't make it easy. - Enya
"Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success." - Dale Carnegie
"You do the work and you want people to see it but, um while I'm doing the work, the result doesn't matter at all to me. Ultimately, I don't, I don't care whether the film is - you know - some big giant box-office bonanza and I don't care if its a complete flop. To me, when a film gets made and it's actually finished it's a success. They're all a success in their own way." - Johnny Depp
"Whatever success I've had, I always like to top it." - Bernie Mac
"As kids we're not taught how to deal with success we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?" - Charlie Sheen
"Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude." - Michelle Obama
"It was very clear to me in 1965, in Mississippi, that, as a lawyer, I could get people into schools, desegregate the schools, but if they were kicked off the plantations - and if they didn't have food, didn't have jobs, didn't have health care, didn't have the means to exercise those civil rights, we were not going to have success." - Marian Wright Edelman
"Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure. The way you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are." - Norman Vincent Peale
No man is a success in business unless he loves his work. - Florence Scovel Shinn
I think the measure of your success to a certain extent will be the amount of things written about you that aren't true. - Cybill Shepherd
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. - Benjamin Disraeli
Hosting a TV show is a full-time job in which success is defined by it never ending. - John Hodgman
Why be a man when you can be a success? - Bertolt Brecht
"You do not pay the price of success, you enjoy the price of success." - Zig Ziglar
There is no scientific answer for success. You can't define it. You've simply got to live it and do it. - Anita Roddick
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)