Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
John Landis Mason (1826–1902) USA – Mason jars.
Charles F. Brush (1849–1929) USA – a.o. Brush dynamo.
Gunther von Hagens (born 1945) Germany – whole body Plastination.
Dmitri Mendeleev (1834–1907) Russia – Periodic table pycnometer pyrocollodion.
Roland Moreno (1945–2012) France – inventor of the smart card.
James Gosling (born 1955) USA – Java (programming language).
Joseph Shivers (1920-2014) USA – Spandex.
Hon Lik (1951 - ) Chinese. electronic cigarette.
Georgy Gause (1910–1986) Russia – gramicidin S neomycin lincomycin and other antibiotics.
Gersh Budker (1918–1977) Russia – electron cooling co-inventor of collider.
Masatoshi Shima (born 1943) Japan – microprocessor.
Huang Hongjia (born 1924) China – Single-mode optical fiber..
Albert Coons (1912–1978) USA – Immunofluorescence (microscopy).
Norman Gaylord (1923–2007) USA – rigid gas-permeable contact lens.
Henry Shrapnel (1761–1842) UK – Shrapnel shell ammunition.
Nikolay Basov (1922–2001) Russia – co-inventor of laser and maser.
Vladimir Barmin (1909–1993) Russia – first rocket launch complex (spaceport).
Min Chueh Chang (1908–1991) together with Gregory Goodwin Pincus (1903–1967) USA/China – Combined oral contraceptive pill.
Donát Bánki (1859–1922) Hungary – inventor of the carburetor for the stationary engine.
Svyatoslav Fyodorov (1927–2000) Russia – radial keratotomy.
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
If physics and biology one day meet and one of the two is swallowed up that one will be biology. ~ J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 - Biologist
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Still I had a lurking question. Would it not be better if one could really ‘see’ whether molecules as complicated as the sterols or strychnine were just as experiment suggested? ~ Dorothy Hodgkin - 1910 to 1984
A detective with his murder mystery a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions surmises fancies they stumble upon the right explanation and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach. ~ Gilbert Lewis 1875 – 1946
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products