In the great fire of London in 1666 half of London was burnt down but only 6 people were injured.
Only about 15% of the Sahara Desert is covered in sand.
Elephants can differentiate between men and women and between different ethnicities when they hear a voice.
With 81 million people Germany has the largest population in the European Union.
If Walmart were a country it would be China's sixth-largest export market.
Snakes use their tongues to smell.
The U.S. is currently in it's longest period of not having a president die in office.
A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
Sam Houston the general who won Texas independence from Mexico was removed from his post as Governor after refusing to support the Confederacy on the Civil War.
Julius Caesar Mark Antony and Octavian all made pilgrimages to Alexander the Great's tomb in Alexandria.
40%of minors having an abortion report that neither of their parents knew about the abortion.
If the Eiffel Tower was built today it would cost about US$31 million.
When George Washington died Napoleon ordered 10 days of mourning in France.
It has NEVER rained in Calama a town in the Atacama Desert of Chile.
In 2010 General Electric made over US$14 billion in profits but paid US$0 in taxes in the U.S.
Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.
A Death Row study found that ice cream and pie were the most popular desserts for a last meal followed by cake.
In Ancient Rome the punishment for killing one's father was the death penalty consisting of being sewn up in a sack along with a viper a dog and a cock.
About 1 in 9 people lack access to an improved water source.
80%of the land in Nevada is owned by the U.S. government.
In 2011 a small town in Spain on the brink of financial ruin bet on the world's biggest lottery and won.
The highest race horse speed ever recorded was 43.97 mph (70.76 km/h).
"IRONIC"is the most commonly misused word in English says Dictionary.com.
The Netherlands is the world's largest per capita consumer of coffee averaging 2.4 cups of coffee per person per day.
Greenland is the largest island in the world.
During WW2 the lights of Big Ben were dimmed so that German bombers could not use it for reference.
Christopher Columbus correctly predicted an eclipse to trick the native inhabitants of Jamaica into giving him food and supplies.
The birth rate for twins has increased 76% since 1980.
There's a shark in Greenland that eats polar bears and can live up to 200 years.
The most children born to one woman is 69.
In 1849 David Atchison became President of the United States for just one day and he spent most of the day sleeping.
Mailing an entire building has been illegal in the U.S. since 1916 when a man mailed a 40 000-ton brick house across Utah to avoid high freight rates.
Starfish don't have brains. Special cells on their skin gather information about their surroundings.
Animals including pigs horses and even insects could be tried and convicted of crimes for several centuries across many parts of Europe.
The richest 1% of the population owns 48% of the world's wealth.
Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
The stripes on each tiger are unique like human fingerprints.
Scientists believe cats are afraid of water because their ancestors lived in an area with very few large bodies of water and never had to learn how to swim.
About 153 000 people will die on your birthday.
The concept behind the word "cool" might come from the African word "itutu" brought to America by slavery.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products