Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
Svyatoslav Fyodorov (1927–2000) Russia – radial keratotomy.
Franz Joseph Emil Fischer (1877–1947) together with Hans Schrader (1921–2012) Germany – Fischer assay (oil yield test).
Jacob Davis (1868–1908) USA – riveted jeans.
Huang Weilu China – Anti-ship ballistic missile and series of DF-21 missiles.
Shen Kuo (1031–1095) China – improved gnomon armillary sphere clepsydra and sighting tube.
Petrus Jacobus Kipp (1808–1864) The Netherlands – Kipp's apparatus (chemistry).
Seth Boyden (1788–1870) USA – nail-making machine.
Charles Goodyear (1800–1860) USA – vulcanization of rubber.
Bernhard Schmidt (1879–1935) Estonia/Germany – Schmidt camera.
Hans Tropsch (1889–1935) together with Franz Joseph Emil Fischer (1877–1947) Germany – Fischer–Tropsch process (refinery process).
Josip Belušić (1847–?) Croatia – electric speedometer.
Anthony Michell (1870–1959) Australia – tilting pad thrust bearing crankless engine.
Miksa Deri (1854–1938) Hungary – co-inventor of an improved closed-core transformer.
Bob Kahn (born 1938) together with Vint Cerf (1943–) USA – Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Baltzar von Platen (1898–1984) Sweden – gas absorption refrigerator.
Joseph Priestley (1733–1804) UK – soda water.
Samuel P. Langley (1834–1906) USA – bolometer.
Hovannes Adamian (1879–1932) Armenia/Russia – tricolor principle of the color television.
Mary Anderson (1866–1953) United States – windshield wiper blade.
Joseph Henry (1797–1878) Scotland/USA – electromagnetic relay.
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
In practical applications we are concerned only with comparatively small numbers; only stellar astronomy and atomic physics deal with ‘large’ numbers and they have very little more practical importance as yet than the most abstract pure mathematics. ~ G. H. Hardy 1877 – 1947 - Mathematician
Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
Although the alternate ‘wax and wane’ cycles are the rule rather than the exception in all fields of human endeavor in that of biological sciences the ‘wane’ is all too often indicative of a justified loss of faith in the rational and methodical approach that had at first raised so much hope. ~ Rita Levi-Montalcini 1909 to 2012 Neurobiologist
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. - Joseph Mellor 1869 to 1938 Chemist
Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more