A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
Eric Fossum (born 1957) USA – intra-pixel charge transfer in CMOS image sensors.
Igor Spassky (born 1926) Russia – Sea Launch platform.
Hans Wilhelm Geiger (1882–1945) Germany – Geiger counter.
Alexander Chizhevsky (1897–1964) Russia – air ionizer.
Royal Earl House (1814–1895) USA – first Printing telegraph.
Konstantin Tsiolkovsky (1857–1935) Russia – spaceflight.
Carl D. Keith (1920–2008) together with John J. Mooney (c. 1928–) USA – three way catalytic converter.
Glenn Curtiss (1878–1930) USA – aeronautical and aeroengine improvements.
Henri Giffard (1825–1882) France – powered airship injector.
Sennacherib (705–681 BC) Iraq (Mesopotamia) – screw pump.
Otto Wichterle (1913–1989) Czechoslovakia – soft contact lens.
Ridgway Banks inventor of the Banks Engine a Nitinol based solid state heat engine.
Samuel Guthrie (physician) (1782–1848) USA – discovered chloroform.
Erna Schneider Hoover (born 1926) USA – computerized telephone switching system.
Yuri Nikolaevich Denisyuk (1927–2006) Russia – 3D holography.
Tracy Hall (1919–2008) USA – synthetic diamond.
Evgeniy Chertovsky (born 1902) Russia – pressure suit.
Genrich Altshuller (1926–1998) Russia – TRIZ ("The Theory of Solving Inventor's Problems").
Fritz Haber (1868–1934) Germany – Haber process (ammonia synthesis).
Boris Rosing (1869–1933) Russia – CRT television (first television system using CRT on the receiving side).
Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
Nothing can be more certain than this: that we are just beginning to learn something of the wonders of the world on which we live and move and have our being. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
Simple laws can very well describe complex structures. The miracle is not the complexity of our world but the simplicity of the equations describing that complexity. ~ Sander Bais b. 1945 - Theoretical Physicist
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
- Provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact System
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups, including your upper, middle and lower ABS and obliques, thighs, gluts, calves, forearms, triceps and biceps
- COMP and portable
- Comes Fully Assembled, Adjustable dual resistance
- Exercise DVD & Fitness Guide Included
- Brand: Ollieroo®.
- Comes Fully Assembled,occupied area is small, easy to store and easy to carry.
- Dual resistance springs for ABS and core strengthening,Perfect for provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact system.
- Suitable for each stage of the fitness crowd, long service life-Adjustable resistance to accomodate both beginners and advanced users.
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups,including your upper,middle and lower ABS and obliques,thighs,gluts,calves,forearm,triceps,biceps,combines more than 14 great exercises.
- VERSATILE and CONVENIENT: Wonder Core Smart is so versatile it replaces 6 resistance gym equipment PLUS cardio to give you the total body workout from the comfort of your own home!
- EFFICIENT: Wonder Core offers dual resistance to work muscle groups on the way up, and down, to optimize results and get you the body you want and deserve!
- ADJUSTABLE resistance to accommodate beginners and advanced health and fitness enthusiasts!
- FREE Twister Board so you can incorporate new exercises to your daily workout routines!
- FREE Wonder Core Manual, DVD Guide, and Meal Plan. Note: The Wonder Core Smart comes fully assembled for easy usage.