The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
In practical applications we are concerned only with comparatively small numbers; only stellar astronomy and atomic physics deal with ‘large’ numbers and they have very little more practical importance as yet than the most abstract pure mathematics. ~ G. H. Hardy 1877 – 1947 - Mathematician
Ibn al-Shatir (1304–1375) Syria – "jewel box" device which combined a compass with a universal sundial.
Steve Kirsch (born 1956) USA – Optical mouse.
William George Armstrong (1810–1900) UK – hydraulic accumulator.
Ernő Rubik (born 1944) Hungary – Rubik's Cube Rubik's Magic and Rubik's Clock.
Melitta Bentz (1873–1950) Germany – paper Coffee filter.
Guido of Arezzo (c. 991 – c. 1033) Italy – Guidonian hand musical notation see also staff (music).
Federico Faggin (born 1941) Italy – microprocessor.
Grace Murray Hopper (1906–1992) USA – Compiler.
Peter Durand (inv. 1810) UK – canning using tin cans see also Nicolas Appert.
Michael I. Pupin (1858–1935) Serbia – pupinization (loading coils) tunable oscillator.
George Pullman (1831–1897) USA – Pullman sleep wagon.
Min Chueh Chang (1908–1991) together with Gregory Goodwin Pincus (1903–1967) USA/China – Combined oral contraceptive pill.
Carl D. Keith (1920–2008) together with John J. Mooney (c. 1928–) USA – three way catalytic converter.
Dennis Ritchie (1941–2011) USA – C (programming language).
Sam Born Russia/USA – lollipop-making machine.
Ted Hoff (born 1937) USA – microprocessor.
Tivadar Puskas (1844–1893) Hungary – telephone exchange.
Henry Heimlich (born 1920) USA – Heimlich maneuver.
Corliss Orville Burandt USA – Variable valve timing.
Henry Burden (1791–1871) Scotland and USA – Horseshoe machine first usable iron railed road spike.
When you hear a physicist invoke the uncertainty principle keep a hand on your wallet. ~ David Griffiths b. 1942
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
Physicists being in no way different from the rest of the population have short memories for what is inconvenient. ~ Anthony Standen 1907 – 1993
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
I accept no principles of physics which are not also accepted in mathematics. ~ René Descartes 1596 to 1650
The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.