Since 1976 when the death penalty was reinstated by the U.S. Supreme Court 1 394 people have been executed (as of December 2014).
The brain releases so much dopamine during orgasms that a brain scan resembles that of someone on heroin.
A blind chameleon still changes colors to match his environment.
Breastfeeding a baby may reduce by 22% a woman's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease a study says.
Locust is the only insect considered kosher in Judaism.
Skunks can accurately spray their smelly fluid as far as ten feet.
One of the world's most expensive coffee brands is made from the dung of Thai elephants.
People in Africa and Asia have to walk an average of 3.7 miles (6 KM) to collect water.
A rare Apple-1 computer built in Steve Jobs' garage in the summer of 1976 was sold at an auction in 2014 for US$905 000.
After Michael Jackson's death hit the news he was mentioned in a rate of 5 000 tweets per minute.
Mexico was named "New Spain" when Hernan Cortes conquered the territory from the Aztecs.
A panda fur is worth between US$60 000 and US$100 000 on the illegal trade market.
The courts in New Zealand allowed a child to be named "Number 16 Bus Shelter."
Advertising to children under the age of 12 is illegal in Norway and Sweden.
Black lemurs are thought to be the only primates besides humans to have blue eyes.
Despite being one of the most famous painters in history only 15 paintings of Leonardo Da Vinci are known to exist.
Teddy bears were named after U.S. President Theodore 'Teddy' Roosevelt.
Google got its name by accident. The founders misspelled "googol" which refers to the number 1 followed by 100 zeroes.
Cockroaches shed their skin.
A group of twelve or more cows is called a flink.
Frogs don’t drink water. They absorb water through their skin.
There are more life forms living on your skin than there are people on the planet.
An Olympic gold medal must contain 92.5 percent silver
Elephants are the only mammals besides humans to have chins.
If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
"Ferrari" as a last name is the Italian equivalent of "Smith".
One of the only vertebrate species that can't yawn is the giraffe.
There's a plant native to Australia that will make you vomit in pure agony just by touching it. The sting is potent enough to kill humans and horses.
In 1999 it was reported in the UK that over 3 000 people were hospitalized after tripping over a laundry basket.
Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
Researchers found 1 458 new species of bacteria in belly buttons.
The Earth is smoother than a billiard ball if both were the same size.
A skunk’s smell can be detected by a human a mile away.
Every second Americans collectively eat 100 pounds of chocolate.
Hewlett-Packard’s name was decided in a coin toss.
98% of Japanese are cremated.
London has 72 billionaires the most of any city.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki are not radioactive any more mostly because the bombs didn't touch the ground but were detonated in the air.
In 2013 soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo opened a museum dedicated to himself.
Norway owns an uninhabited frozen island located halfway between Africa and Antarctica.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products