I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
There is no law except the law that there is no law. - John Archibald Wheeler 1911 to 2008 Theoretical Physicist
Erhard Kietz (1909–1982) Germany & USA. – signal improvements for video transmissions.
Édouard Branly (1844–1940) France – the coherer the first widely used detector for radio communication..
James Leonard Plimpton (1828–1911) USA – roller skates.
Joseph Henry (1797–1878) Scotland/USA – electromagnetic relay.
Franc Trkman (1903–1978) Slovenia – electrical switches accessories for opening windows.
Ivan Plotnikov (1902–1995) Russia – kirza leather.
Fyodor Blinov (1827–1902) Russia – first tracked vehicle steam-powered continuous track tractor.
Dennis Ritchie (1941–2011) USA – C (programming language).
Ami Argand (1750–1803) France – Argand lamp.
George H. Heilmeier (born 1936) USA – liquid crystal display (LCD).
Federico Faggin (born 1941) Italy – microprocessor.
Giovanni Luppis or Ivan Vukić (1813–1875) Austrian Empire (ethnical Croatian from Rijeka) – self-propelled torpedo.
Mikhail Koshkin (1898–1940) Russia – T-34 medium tank the best and most produced tank of World War II.
Mikhail Dolivo-Dobrovolsky (1862–1919) Poland/Russia – three-phase electric power (first 3-phase hydroelectric power plant 3-phase electrical generator 3-phase motor and 3-phase transformer).
Sidney Rosenthal (1907–1979) USA – Magic Marker.
John Vincent Atanasoff (1903–1995) Bulgaria/USA – modern digital computer.
Robert Moog (1934–2005) USA – the Moog synthesizer.
James McLurkin (born 1972) USA – Ant robotics (robotics).
Andrey Geim (born 1958) Russia/United Kingdom – graphene.
Roy Plunkett (1910–1994) United States – Teflon.
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
- $5 Preloaded 30-Day wireless service at 2¢ per VOICE TEXT & 2¢/MB nationwide 2G 3G & 4G LTE Data. That's 250 minutes talk or 250 texts or 250 MB Data.
- Our prepaid sim cards are designed for users that need a minimal amount of airtime each month/year. Sim card is free and pre-cut in 3 sizes to fit any device, standard-sized SIM, Micro-sized SIM or/and a Nano-sized SIM card.
- Supports GPS tracking devices such as but not limited to vehicle trackers, kid/pets tracker, personal tracker, senior tracker.
- No Activation fee NO Contract NO Credit Check.
- Our service will work within the United States in partnership with T-Mobile Network. Roaming is not supported in our plans.
- Control any plug in device from anywhere and keep an eye on your device's energy usage using the Geeni app (iOS 8 or higher/Android 4.1 or higher)
- No hub required, Wi-Fi built-in
- Set your schedule and automatically tailor your plugged in devices to perfectly fit your life
- Save money, energy and the environment
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa & Google assistant
- Powerful function :pedometer, distance, calorimetric measurement, heart rate monitoring, blood pressure monitoring, blood oxygen monitoring, sleep monitoring, SMS and content alerts, alarm settings, incoming calls alert, caller ID display, application messages alert, find your phone, anti lost, reminder of exercise goal.
- Methods: scan the QR code on the manual or download "Wearfit" in APP store. Please make sure your phone Bluetooth function was turned on. Open "Wearfit", click the selection of link to bracelet, find the device name in the list and click it. Then enter the main interface. The "wearfit" app is compatible with Bluetooth 4 and above smart phones, iOS version 8 above, or Android version 4.4 above.
- To measure heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen, it need to wait for 1-2 minutes. The measurements are for reference only, as it's not a medical device after all.
- The bracelet is made of special silicone, comfortable for wearing, suitable for 5.5-8 inch various sizes of wrist. 80mA lithium battery, charging 1.5 hours about 5 days of standby time.
- Waterproof: waterproof grade IP67, can effectively prevent the rainwater, sweat, and prevent dust.