Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995 Astrophysicist
Bjarne Stroustrup (born 1950) Denmark – C++ (programming language).
Vladimir Fyodorov (1874–1966) Russia – Fedorov Avtomat (first self-loading battle rifle arguably the first assault rifle).
Ward Christensen (inv. 1978–) USA – Bulletin board system.
Émile Baudot (1845-1903) France - Baudot code.
Samuel Morse (1791–1872) USA – telegraph early Morse code see also Morse Code controversy.
Jan Czochralski (1885–1953) Poland / Germany – Czochralski process (crystal growth).
Igor Gorynin (born 1926) Russia – weldable titanium alloys high strength aluminium alloys radiation-hardened steels.
Joseph Day (1855–1946) UK – the crankcase-compression two-stroke engine.
Alexander Procofieff de Seversky (1894–1974) Russia/United States of America – first gyroscopically stabilized bombsight ionocraft also developed air-to-air refueling.
John Hadley (1682–1744) UK – Octant.
Jack Kilby (1923–2005) USA – patented the first integrated circuit.
John Harvey Kellogg (1852–1943) cornflake breakfasts.
Nick Holonyak (born 1928) USA – LED (Light Emitting Diode).
Lisitsyn brothers Ivan Fyodorovich and Nazar Fyodorovich Russia – samovar (the first documented makers).
Roy Plunkett (1910–1994) United States – Teflon.
Philip M. Parker (born 1960) USA – computer automated book authoring.
Antonio Benedetto Carpano (1764–1815) Italy – modern vermouth.
Frank Hornby (1863–1936) UK – invented Meccano.
Goldsworthy Gurney (1793–1875) England - Gurney Stove.
B. F. Skinner (1904–1990) USA – Operant conditioning chamber.
Pure mathematics exist by themselves; no will produces them no power can limit them. They are eternal laws that no man can infringe and from which it is impossible to escape. ~ S. Sandaram Iyer 1883 - Philosopher
There are many ways of knocking electrons out of atoms. The simplest is to rub two surfaces together. ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. - Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 Biologist
I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism and I think I may have got hold of a good thing. ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Simple laws can very well describe complex structures. The miracle is not the complexity of our world but the simplicity of the equations describing that complexity. ~ Sander Bais b. 1945 - Theoretical Physicist
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products