If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
Richard Trevithick (1771–1833) UK – high-pressure steam engine first full-scale steam locomotive.
Isaac Singer (1811–1875) USA – sewing machine.
Richard F. Lyon (1952–) USA – Optical mouse.
Vladimir Shukhov (1853–1939) Russia – thermal cracking (Shukhov cracking process) thin-shell structure tensile structure hyperboloid structure gridshell modern oil pipeline cylindric oil depot.
Oleg Antonov (1906–1984) Russia – An-series aircraft including A-40 winged tank and An-124 (the largest serial cargo later modified to world's largest fixed-wing aircraft An-225).
William Justin Kroll (1889–1973) Luxemburg/USA – Kroll process.
Nicholas Callan (1799–1864) Ireland – a.o. Induction coil.
Joseph Priestley (1733–1804) UK – soda water.
Bela Schick (1877–1967) Hungary – diphtheria test.
Waldemar Haffkine (1860–1930) Russia/Switzerland – first anti-cholera and anti-plague vaccines.
Sergey Malyutin (1859–1937) Russia – designed the first matryoshka doll (together with Vasily Zvyozdochkin).
Heron (c. 10–70) Roman Egypt – usually credited with invention of the aeolipile although it may have been described a century earlier.
Abd al-Rahman al-Sufi (Azophi) (903–986) Persia/Iran – timekeeping astrolabe navigational astrolabe surveying astrolabe.
Alexander Prokhorov (1916–2002) Russia – co-inventor of laser and maser.
Bhargav Sri Prakash (born 1977) India/USA - Learnification platform at FriendsLearn Virtual Reality System electromagnetic collision avoidance system OBD based in-vehicle powertrain performance measurement rate based driver controls for drive by wire systems.
Tadeus Reichstein (1897–1996) Poland/Switzerland – Reichstein process (industrial vitamin C synthesis).
Spede Pasanen (1930–2001) Finland – a.o. ski jumping sling boat ski.
Salvino D'Armate (1258–1312) Italy – credited for inventing eyeglasses in 1284.
Arthur Fry (born 1931) USA – Post-it note.
Friedrich Bergius (1884–1949) Germany – Bergius process (synthetic fuel from coal).
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
A detective with his murder mystery a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions surmises fancies they stumble upon the right explanation and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach. ~ Gilbert Lewis 1875 – 1946
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
Falsity in intellectual action is intellectual immorality. - Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin 1843 to 1928 Geologist
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
This most beautiful system of the sun planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. And if the fixed stars are the centres of other like systems these being formed by the like wise counsel must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially since the light of the fixed stars is of the same nature with the light of the sun. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
- Provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact System
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups, including your upper, middle and lower ABS and obliques, thighs, gluts, calves, forearms, triceps and biceps
- COMP and portable
- Comes Fully Assembled, Adjustable dual resistance
- Exercise DVD & Fitness Guide Included
- Brand: Ollieroo®.
- Comes Fully Assembled,occupied area is small, easy to store and easy to carry.
- Dual resistance springs for ABS and core strengthening,Perfect for provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact system.
- Suitable for each stage of the fitness crowd, long service life-Adjustable resistance to accomodate both beginners and advanced users.
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups,including your upper,middle and lower ABS and obliques,thighs,gluts,calves,forearm,triceps,biceps,combines more than 14 great exercises.
- VERSATILE and CONVENIENT: Wonder Core Smart is so versatile it replaces 6 resistance gym equipment PLUS cardio to give you the total body workout from the comfort of your own home!
- EFFICIENT: Wonder Core offers dual resistance to work muscle groups on the way up, and down, to optimize results and get you the body you want and deserve!
- ADJUSTABLE resistance to accommodate beginners and advanced health and fitness enthusiasts!
- FREE Twister Board so you can incorporate new exercises to your daily workout routines!
- FREE Wonder Core Manual, DVD Guide, and Meal Plan. Note: The Wonder Core Smart comes fully assembled for easy usage.