My overnight success was really 15 years in the making. I'd been writing songs since I was 6 and playing in bands and performing since I was 14. - Lisa Loeb
Nothing reinforces a professional relationship more than enjoying success with someone. - Harold Ramis
"I define success as being comfortable with yourself and your life. And that is about as good as it gets, really." - Treat Williams
Before you continue, Read About…
Build a Portfolio of Your Work: In some cases, you will not be promoted directly, but will have to apply for a job within the company. In these cases, you will want to have a resume and portfolio (if applicable) available, so that you can use them in the interview.
Consider Why You Want the Promotion: Being prepared is important. For instance, next time you’re in the elevator with your boss or with a higher-up, you will want to be prepared if your boss asks you something about a new job opening or a possible promotion. Have reasons ready for why you want the promotion and why you would fit well in the position.
Avoid Jokes that Some Might Find: Inappropriate or Offensive Making jokes can endear others to you. However, making offensive or inappropriate jokes can permanently eliminate you from the running for upper management jobs. Next time you go to make a joke, think twice about your audience; and don’t do it if you think it might offend someone.
Don’t Panic: Panic is one of the least helpful responses to any situation. It gives you no direction, no insight; and generally overwhelms your senses. If you find yourself in a bad situation, don’t panic; instead, start problem solving.
Be Thrifty Where Possible: When you’re poor, thriftiness is a virtue. If you’ve fallen on hard times, you would be wise to be thrifty, rather than delusional about the state of your finances.
Always Be Early or On Time: When you’re late to a meeting, everyone notices, including your boss. This is why it is vital to be early or on time, so that you don’t stick out as a bad example.
Let Go of Your Fear of Failure: On the road to success, you will experience many failures. This is why it is so important to let these fears go; and instead focus on the process of achieving those goals that you want so badly.
Find Time to Give Yourself a Break: In addition to working hard, the successful know to take breaks, too. Without breaks, we have no way to clear our minds, re-energize, and prepare for the task that faces us.
Be Persistent: In business, few things are more closely related to success than persistence. Persistence will determine whether you push ahead or give up altogether. And persistence will determine whether you eventually break through as a leader in your field; or whether you allow everyone else to walk over you to get to the top.
Watch Video: Terence McKenna The Language of Reality
(via YouTube)A tragic irony of life is that we so often achieve success or financial independence after the chief reason for which we sought it has passed away. - Ellen Glasgow
"A government for the people must depend for its success on the intelligence, the morality, the justice, and the interest of the people themselves." - Grover Cleveland
"The greatest thing a man can do in this world is to make the most possible out of the stuff that has been given him. This is success, and there is no other." - Orison Swett Marden
"Writers, as they gain success, feel like outsiders because writers don't come together in real groups." - Anne Rice
"We just want to win. That's the bottom line. I think a lot of times people may become content with one championship or a little bit of success, but we don't really reflect on what we've done in the past. We focus on the present." - Derek Jeter
Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own. - Michelle Obama
There's that unwritten schism that literary writers get all the awards and commericals writers get all the success. - Jodi Picoult
"People need to realise what real happiness and success is, because success as an actor is fleeting. You can be up there one day and gone the next." - Chuck Norris
"I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure - which is: Try to please everybody." - Herbert Bayard Swope
Failure is the key to success each mistake teaches us something. - Morihei Ueshiba
"Success doesn't mean that you are healthy, success doesn't mean that you're happy, success doesn't mean that you're rested. Success really doesn't mean that you look good, or feel good, or are good." - Victoria Principal
One man cannot practice many arts with success. - Plato
Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal. - Earl Nightingale
"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable procures success to the weak, and esteem to all." - George Washington
"The key to sitcom success is miserable people. If you see a happy couple, it's just gone, like when Sam and Diane got together on Cheers." - Matthew Perry
"Youth is not enough. And love is not enough. And success is not enough. And, if we could achieve it, enough would not be enough." - Mignon McLaughlin
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.