Fat Man was the codename for the atomic bomb that was detonated over Nagasaki.
Google has been acquiring2 companies per month since 2010.
Steve Jobs was awarded 141 new patents since his death.
Farting helps reduce high blood pressure and is good for your health.
The toxin in puffer fish is 1200 times deadlier than cyanide.
The F-word is used 265 times in the movie Pulp Fiction.
The Afghan War is the longest war in U.S. history.
The cities of Aachen Regensburg Frankfurt-am-Main Nuremberg Weimar Bonn and Berlin have all been capitals of Germany.
Drinking grapefruit while taking medication can cause instant overdose and death.
A beaver’s teeth never stop growing.
Goats were the first animals to be used for milk by humans.
The Basenji is the worlds only bark-less dog.
The word "Dinosaur" comes from the ancient Greek and means "terrible lizard".
French poodles did not originate in France – they came from Germany.
Dogs are about as smart as a two or three-year-old child.
Ikea names sofas coffee tables and bookshelves after places in Sweden; beds wardrobes and hall furniture after places in Norway; carpets after places in Denmark and dining tables and chairs after places in Finland.
Spiders are scared of ants due to the formic acid they contain.
The pathologist who made Einstein body's autopsy stole his brain and kept it in a jar for 20 years.
Dendrology is the study of trees.
In 2003 Leonardo Da Vinci's machines were built and tested according to his original designs for a documentary. Some were successful and others proved to be impractical.
David Cameron Paul Gascoigne Kylie Minogue Conan O’Brien and Jon Hamm Mad Men’s Don Draper are great fans.
41 new species are discovered by scientists every single day.
The island of Manhattan was purchased from American Indian people in 1626 for about US$1 000 in modern currency.
Since all British passports are issued in the Queen Elizabeth II's name she herself doesn't have one.
The average married couple has sex 68.5 times a year which is slightly more than once a week.
The time traveling machine in the movie "Back to the Future" was originally supposed to be a refrigerator.
On average soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
A 14th-century medieval tower rises out of Lake Reschensee in Italy. It's the only visible building of a submerged village.
Abraham Lincoln actually hated to be called "Abe."
Mexico's 34th President ruled for less than an hour and then quit.
Some snakes survive for up to two years without a meal.
Since the 12th century Judaism believes that if the truths derived from science or philosophy contradict religious beliefs the religious beliefs are incorrect.
There are twice as many suicides as there are homicides in the U.S.
90%of the world'sInternet UsersDon't Use Twitter.
If you try to suppress a sneeze you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
In Bangladesh kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals.
A newborn Chinese water deer is so small it can almost be held in the palm of the hand.
Pound for pound hamburgers cost more than new cars.
Benjamin Franklin published a paper saying America's population growth was so fast it would surpass Britain in 100 years. This alarmed British leadership and was a factor in their oppression of the colonies.
A giraffe's neck can measure up to 6 feet (1.8 m) long
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)