In 1492 the Catholic monarchs of Spain issued a decree banning all Jews from Spain. Sultan Bayezid a Muslim sent the Ottoman navy to Spain to rescue the Jews from Spanish persecution.
106-year-old Manoel de Oliveira was the oldest active film director until 2015. He began making movies during the silent era.
The average person spends two weeks of his life Kissing.
A group of geese on the ground is called a gaggle a group of geese in the air is a skein.
The first toilet ever seen on television was on “Leave It to Beaver.”
Fanta originated in Germany as a result of difficulties importing Coca-Cola syrup into Nazi Germany during WW2.
Heroin was initially used to treat people addicted to morphine.
Paraskavedekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th!
Spain had more unemployment in 2013 (27.2%) than the US had during the Great Depression (25%).
Hitler Only Had One Testicle
10 000 shipping containers are lost at sea each year and 10% of those hold toxic chemicals which may leak into the ocean.
In 1781 Benjamin Franklin attended a concert in which he narrowly escaped death when the opera house caught fire and burned.
111 111 111 x 111 111 111 = 12 345 678 987 654 321.
Breastfeeding a baby may reduce by 22% a woman's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease a study says.
China has 4 megacities of over 10 million people the most of any country.
A crocodiles tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth.
According to NASA it would cost about US$18 000 to send a letter to Mars.
Actor Sean Bean has died on 32% of his movies the highest percentage of any living actor of note.
The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.
There's a 9/11 Memorial in Israel constructed of steel from the remains of the WTC.
Just 7% of people in China are religious making it the least religious country in world. Thailand has the most with 94%.
Ants closely resemble human manners: When they wake they stretch & appear to yawn in a human manner before taking up the tasks of the day.
There is a butterfly in Africa with enough poison in its body to kill six cats!
Nearly 80% of all animals on earth have six legs.
It is impossible to whistle in a Spacesuit.
Surgeons who grew up playing video games make 37% fewer mistakes.
Jackals have one more pair of chromosomes than dogs or wolves.
Three "Marlboro men" died of lung cancer: Wayne McLaren David McLean and Dick Hammer.
During the Holocaust Jewish boxer Salamo Arouch was imprisoned at Auschwitz. He was forced to fight fellow prisoners; the losers were sent to the gas chambers or shot. He survived over 2 years and 200 fights until the camp was liberated.
Global warming 'solved' a land dispute between India and Bangladesh: the island in dispute disappeared.
Ailurophobia is the fear of cats.
Octopus wrestling was a popular sport in the 1960s. A diver would fight an octopus in shallow water and drag it to the surface.
The youngest king ever was Alfonso XIII of Spain who became king the day he was born.
A kangaroo can't jump unless its tail is touching the ground.
In 2003 Leonardo Da Vinci's machines were built and tested according to his original designs for a documentary. Some were successful and others proved to be impractical.
Mongolia is the largest landlocked country.
Taurophobia is the fear of bulls.
The world's most expensive divorce was estimated at US$2.5 billion.
Two-thirds of the water used in the average home is used in the bathroom.
Every 13 minutes a woman dies from breast cancer in the U.S.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)