Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
Laszlo Biro (1899–1985) Hungary – modern ballpoint pen.
Al-Dinawari (828–896) Persia/Iran – more than a hundred plant drugs.
Charles Chamberland (1851–1908) France – Chamberland filter.
Fritz Haber (1868–1934) Germany – Haber process (ammonia synthesis).
Aldred Scott Warthin (1866–1931) together with Allen Chronister Starry (1890–1973) USA – Warthin–Starry stain (histology).
Blaise Pascal (1623–1662) France – Pascal's calculator.
Ridgway Banks inventor of the Banks Engine a Nitinol based solid state heat engine.
John "Jack" Higson Cover Jr. (1920–2009) USA – Taser.
Sharaf al-Dīn al-Tūsī (1135–1213) Persia/Iran – linear astrolabe.
Tullio Campagnolo (1901–1983) Italy – Quick release skewer.
S. Scott Crump (inv. c. 1989) USA – a.o. Fused deposition modeling.
Alexandre Alexeieff (1901–1982) Russia/France – pinscreen animation (with his wife Claire Parker).
Gheorghe Marinescu (1863–1938) Romania – the first science films in the world in the neurology clinic in Bucharest (1898–1901).
Thomas Wedgwood (1771–1805) UK – first (not permanent) photograph.
Tom Knight (? - ) USA - BioBricks (synthetic biology).
Alfred P. Southwick (1826 – 1898) USA - Electric chair.
Ted Hoff (born 1937) USA – microprocessor.
Roxey Ann Caplin (1793–1888) UK – Corset.
Auguste Piccard (1884–1962) Switzerland – Bathyscaphe.
Earl W. Bascom (1906–1995) Canada/USA – side-delivery rodeo chute hornless rodeo saddle rodeo bareback rigging rodeo chaps.
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
Primates are visual animals above all and anatomical work in particular is as much pictorial as verbal. ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
Actually everything that can be known has a Number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. - Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC Scientist and Philosopher
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.