There is a limit of 12 minutes of commercials per hour of television in the UK.
The mask used by Michael Myers in the original film “Halloween” was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
An average swimming pool loses 1 000 gallons (3 785 L) a month to evaporation and other causes.
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
A San Francisco Highway Patrol Officer called Kevin Briggs has talked approximately 200 people out of suicide on the Golden Gate Bridge since 1994.
Most married couples are happiest in their third year of marriage.
Ferrets sleep around 20 hours a day.
Because of the salt content of the Dead Sea it is difficult to dive below its surface.
Mount Everest shrank one inch (2.5 cm) due to the 2015 earthquake in Nepal.
There's a Cereal Cafe in London where you can eat hundreds of different kinds of cereals from around the world.
Salt Lake City has a law against carrying an unwrapped ukulele on the street.
There is a town in Mexico where people have a huge fist fight to ask the gods for a good rainy season.
There are approximately 450 million goats around the world.
The French language has seventeen different words for ‘surrender’.
Vladimir The Great Prince of Kiev considered converting to Christianity or Islam. He sent envoys to study both religions but upon hearing that Islam forbade alcohol he got baptized.
The NAZIs considered Native Americans to be part of the Aryan race.
During WW2 the Japanese invaded Alaska and more Americans were killed or wounded defending Alaska than at Pearl Harbor.
Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange appeared on an episode of The Simpsons. He recorded his lines over the phone from the Ecuadorian embassy in Britain where he has been granted asylum.
Mexican free-tailed bats sometimes fly up to two miles high to feed or to catch tail-winds that carry them over long distances at speeds of more than 60 miles per hour.
Since at least the time of Pythagoras in 500 BC no educated person believed the Earth was flat.
In Cleveland Ohio it’s illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
"Stayin' Alive" has the optimum tempo for performing CPR on someone who has just suffered a heart attack.
Elephants don’t drink through their trunks like a straw.
Spanish rice is unknown in Spain.
The kangaroo’s ancestors lived in trees. Today there are eight different kinds of tree kangaroos.
A full moon is nine times brighter than a half moon.
It is possible to set up a holiday meal inside a car's engine compartment and drive long enough to fully cook all of the food.
The practice of eating horseflesh is called hippophagy.
The Sahara desert stretches farther than the distance from New York to Los Angeles.
There are no terrestrial (land) snakes in New Zealand.
The Vatican has its own soccer team.
In South Carolina the maximum sentence for beating your dog is longer than the max sentence for beating your wife.
The city of Lusail host of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Final game does not exist yet.
A lack of exercise is now causing as many deaths as smoking across the world a study suggests.
Cockroaches raised in space become quicker stronger faster and tougher than cockroaches on Earth.
The venom of the Australian Brown Snake is so powerful only 1/14 000th of an ounce is enough to kill a human.
August 2014 was the warmest August ever recorded globally.
Breastfeeding a baby may reduce by 22% a woman's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease a study says.
A baby is born on its predicted due date just 4% of the time.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)