Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
Friedrich Wilhelm Gustav Bruhn (1853–1927) Germany – Taximeter.
Seth Boyden (1788–1870) USA – nail-making machine.
Dean Kamen (born 1951) USA – Invented the Segway HT scooter and the IBOT Mobility Device.
Guglielmo Marconi (1874–1937) Italy – radio telegraphy.
Mstislav Keldysh (1911–1978) Latvia/Russia – co-developer of Sputnik 1 (the first artificial satellite) together with Korolyov and Tikhonravov.
Hyman George Rickover (1900–1986) USA – Nuclear submarine.
William C. Brown (1916–1999) USA – Crossed-field amplifier.
Al-Dinawari (828–896) Persia/Iran – more than a hundred plant drugs.
Giovanni Battista Amici (1786–1863) Italy – Dipleidoscope Amici prism.
Franc Trkman (1903–1978) Slovenia – electrical switches accessories for opening windows.
Ted Selker (inv. 1987) USA – Pointing stick.
Joseph Day (1855–1946) UK – the crankcase-compression two-stroke engine.
Neil Arnott (1788–1874) UK – waterbed.
Matthew Piers Watt Boulton (1820–1894) UK – aileron.
Arthur Pitney (1871–1933) United States – postage meter.
Karl von Reichenbach (1788–1869) Germany – paraffin creosote oil phenol.
Lasse Hessel (born 1940) Denmark – Female condom.
Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen (1845–1923) Germany – the X-ray machine.
Christopher Cockerell (1910–1999) UK – Hovercraft.
Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī (Algoritmi) (c. 780-850) Persia/Iran – modern algebra mural instrument horary quadrant Sine quadrant shadow square.
The legend that every cipher is breakable is of course absurd though still widespread among people who should know better. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
Chemistry begins in the stars. The stars are the source of the chemical elements which are the building blocks of matter and the core of our subject. ~ Peter Atkins - 1940 to present
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more