Division is esteemed one of the busiest operations of Arithmetic and such as requireth a mind not wandering or settled upon other matters. ~ Thomas Hylles The arte of vulgar arithmeticke 1600 - Mathematician
Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Nikolay Brusentsov (born 1925) Russia – ternary computer (Setun).
Jimmy Hotz (born 1953) USA – Hotz MIDI Translator Atari Hotz Box.
Anastase Dragomir (1896–1966) Romania – Ejection seat.
Stanislav Brebera (1925–2012) Czech Republic – Semtex explosive.
Hugh Bradner (1915–2008) USA – Wetsuit.
Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot (1725–1804) France – first steam-powered road vehicle.
Samuel Morse (1791–1872) USA – telegraph early Morse code see also Morse Code controversy.
Ahmed Majan (1963–) UAE – instrumented racehorse saddle and others.
Montgolfier brothers (1740–1810) and (1745–1799) France – hot air balloon.
Enrico Forlanini (1848–1930) Italy – Steam helicopter hydrofoil Forlanini airships.
Michael I. Pupin (1858–1935) Serbia – pupinization (loading coils) tunable oscillator.
Raymond Kurzweil (born 1948) Optical character recognition; flatbed scanner.
Auguste Piccard (1884–1962) Switzerland – Bathyscaphe.
Garrett A. Morgan (1877–1963) USA – inventor of the smoke hood.
James Fergason (born 1934) USA – improved liquid crystal display.
Louis Braille (1809–1852) France – Braille writing system Braille musical notation.
Igor Spassky (born 1926) Russia – Sea Launch platform.
George Eastman (1854–1932) USA – roll film.
Charles Leiper Grigg (1868–1940) USA – 7 Up.
Percy Spencer (1894–1970) USA – microwave oven.
Actually everything that can be known has a number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. ~ Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC - Scientist and Philosopher
I think it would be quite wrong to suggest that my colleagues have rejected me or that I reject them. Quite the reverse. It’s only a small vociferous group – mainly biologists I’m sorry to say – that go beyond ordinary scientific criticism and start becoming personal. ~ James Lovelock 1919 – present - Gaia Theorist Inventor Scientific Polymath
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
The condition of matter I have dignified by the term Electronic THE ELECTRONIC STATE. What do you think of that? Am I not a bold man ignorant as I am to coin words? ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
- Capture, Store and Relive Special Moments with this Ultra-Light Weight WEARABLE Camera!!!
- Camera + Camcorder: Snap Hi-Res 12 MegaPixel Images & Record Full HD 1080p Video
- 1.8 inch LCD Display Screen Allows you to View & Playback Real-Time Pictures and Videos
- Built-in WiFi for Wireless Connectivity & Control - Download the Free App: Snap Pics & Record Video with Your Smartphone! - Easy PC Connect: Save & Share
- Micro SD Card Slot for Easy File Sharing & File Transfer, card is NOT included - Integrated Microphone for Audio Recording - Includes Attachment Clip & USB Charging Cable.
- 1 hour live broadcasting
- 8MP image sensor
- Hd 720P30 video recording
- Free ion snapcam companion app (ios and android)
- Requires microsd card up to 32gb (not included)
- Capture 5MP photos stills
- 2.5 Hours of HD 720p video recording
- Shoots full HD 720p @ 30 fps video
- Requires microSD card up to 32GB (not Included)
- Free iON SnapCam companion app (iOS and Android)