A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found on the sun’s surface.
Every year life expectancy increases by 3 months.
Otto Frank was given Anne Frank's diary by Miep Gies one of the dutch citizens who helped hide the Franks.
In Switzerland some people still regularly eat dog and cat meat. It's legal in the country.
Only 1 in 6 Americans can find Ukraine on a map.
A woman from Michigan gave birth to her babies on 8/8/8 9/9/9 and 10/10/10
There's an Obama Fried Chicken (OFC) in China.
Albert Einstein didn't like to wear socks.
UK's Internet Porn Filter Architect was Arrested On Child Porn Offences.
The American flags placed on the moon are now white due to radiation from the sun.
The atomic bomb explosion at Hiroshima was generated by matter weighing no more than a paper clip.
A moth has no stomach.
Most married couples are happiest in their third year of marriage.
Montpelier Vermont is the only state capital without a McDonalds.
Sharks can be introverts or extroverts.
8 people were crushed to death and 2000 people injured following the funeral procession of Eva Peron in Argentina.
Snakes do not blink.
A single cigarette contains over 4 800 chemicals 69 of which are known to cause cancer.
Castration was used in the Middle Ages as a "cure" for hernia epilepsy and leprosy.
A scientist in Antarctica got a date through Tinder with a girl camping just 45 minutes away.
Declawing cats is legal in most U.S. states but banned in at least 22 countries including Germany Finland Switzerland Australia New Zealand and Japan.
A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
The rock at the summit of Mount Everest is marine limestone and would have been deposited on the seafloor around 450 million years ago.
Half of the top 20 cities in the world with the highest murder rates are in Brazil.
The Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters.
The Apollo 11 had about 20 seconds of fuel left when it landed.
Hitler bombed his nephew's house in Liverpool so he joined the US NAVY to fight him.
In 2006, 253 fish-species were listed as critically endangered.
George Washington’s teeth were made of elephant ivory, and walrus tusks.
When sharks take a bite their eyes roll back and their teeth jut out.
Ice Age Britons used human skulls as cups.
Alex an African grey parrot was the first and only non-human animal to ask an existential question: he asked what color he was.
McDonald's' golden arches are recognized by more people than the cross.
It's scientifically proven: being in love makes you a less productive person.
Starfish can re-grow their arms. In fact a single arm can regenerate a whole body.
The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
If you would have bought an iPhone in 1991 part by part it would have cost you US$3.56 million.
A biological reserve has been made for golden toads because they are so rare.
The name "Argentina" comes from the Latin word for silver argentum. The original European settlers believed the country was full of silver.
Roles are reversed on Emperor Penguin: the Male incubates the egg while she goes out to feed.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)