What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Before the Copernican revolution it was natural to suppose that God’s purposes were specifically concerned with the earth but now this has become an unplausible hypothesis. If it is the purpose of the Cosmos to evolve mind we must regard it as rather incompetent in having produced so little in such a long time. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Ridgway Banks inventor of the Banks Engine a Nitinol based solid state heat engine.
Joseph Shivers (1920-2014) USA – Spandex.
Ivan Fyodorov (c. 1510–1583) Russia/Poland–Lithuania – invented multibarreled mortar introduced printing in Russia.
Pavel Molchanov (1893–1941) Russia – radiosonde.
Jacob Rabinow (1910–1999) USA – a.o. Magnetic particle clutch various Phonograph-related patents.
Hasan al-Rammah (fl.1270s) Syria – rocket-propelled torpedo.
Nikolai Korotkov (1874–1920) Russia – auscultatory technique for blood pressure measurement.
Bernard Silver (1924–1963) together with Norman Joseph Woodland (1921–2012) USA – Barcode.
Murasaki Shikibu (c. 973–1025) Japan – psychological novel.
Joseph Henry (1797–1878) Scotland/USA – electromagnetic relay.
Gustav Guanella (1909–1982) Switzerland – DSSS Guanella-Balun.
Justus von Liebig (1803–1873) Germany – nitrogen-based fertilizer.
Georges Lakhovsky (1869–1942) Russia/USA – Multiple Wave Oscillator.
Daniel Axelrod (inv. 1980) USA – Total internal reflection fluorescence microscope.
August Schrader (1820–?) USA – Schrader valve for Pneumatic tire.
Georges Claude (1870–1960) France – neon lamp.
Gustaf Erik Pasch (1788–1862) Sweden – safety match.
Herbert Boyer (born 1936) together with Paul Berg (1926–) and Stanley Norman Cohen (1935–) USA – created first Genetically modified organism.
Robert Hooke (1635–1703) UK – balance wheel iris diaphragm acoustic telephone.
Norm Larsen (1923–1970) USA – a.o. WD-40.
This is an era of specialists each of whom sees his own problem and is unaware of or intolerant of the larger frame into which it fits. ~ Rachel Carson 1907 to 1964 - Marine Biologist
When you hear a physicist invoke the uncertainty principle keep a hand on your wallet. ~ David Griffiths b. 1942
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
If physics and biology one day meet and one of the two is swallowed up that one will be biology. ~ J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 - Biologist
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.