The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. - Thomas Thomson 1773 to 1852 Chemist
Lewis Latimer (1848–1928) USA – Invented the modern day light bulb.
John Frederic Daniell (1790–1845) United Kingdom – Daniel cell.
Dmitri Mendeleev (1834–1907) Russia – Periodic table pycnometer pyrocollodion.
Francis Beaufort (1774–1857) Ireland/UK – Beaufort scale Beaufort cipher.
Alfred Perot (1863–1925) together with Charles Fabry (1867–1945) France – Fabry–Pérot interferometer (physics).
Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi (Abulcasis) (936–1013) Islamic Spain – catgut surgical suture various surgical instruments and dental devices.
Alexander Popov (1859–1906) Russia – lightning detector (the first lightning prediction system and radio receiver) co-inventor of radio.
Jagdish Chandra Bose (1858–1937) India – Crescograph.
Jonas Edward Salk (1914–1995) USA – injection Polio vaccine.
Stepan Makarov (1849–1904) Russia – Icebreaker Yermak the first true icebreaker able to ride over and crush pack ice.
Henri Giffard (1825–1882) France – powered airship injector.
Arthur Pitney (1871–1933) United States – postage meter.
Sushruta (600 BC) Vedic India – inventor of Plastic Surgery Cataract Surgery Rhinoplasty.
Barnes Wallis (1887–1979) UK – bouncing bomb.
Simon Sunatori (born 1959) Canada – inventor of MagneScribe and Magic Spicer.
Josip Belušić (1847–?) Croatia – electric speedometer.
Josephine Cochrane (1839–1913) USA – dishwasher.
Heinrich Göbel (1818–1893) Germany – incandescent lamp.
Aleksandr Loran (1849 – after 1911) Russia – fire fighting foam foam extinguisher.
Ralph H. Baer (1922-December 6 2014) German born American – video game console.
The invention of logarithms came to the world as a bolt from the blue. No previous work had led up to it… It stands isolated breaking in upon human thought abruptly without borrowing from the work of other intellects or following known lines of mathematical thought. ~ John Moulton 1844 – 1921 - Mathematician
We cannot define anything precisely! If we attempt to we get into that paralysis of thought that comes to philosophers who sit opposite each other one saying to the other ‘You don’t know what you are talking about!’ The second one says ‘What do you mean by know? What do you mean by talking? What do you mean by you?’ and so on. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
Actually everything that can be known has a Number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. - Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC Scientist and Philosopher
Nothing can be more certain than this: that we are just beginning to learn something of the wonders of the world on which we live and move and have our being. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products