Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
Thomas Savery (1650–1715) UK – steam engine.
Robert Metcalfe (born 1946) USA – Ethernet.
Alfred P. Southwick (1826 – 1898) USA - Electric chair.
Sam Golden (1915–1997) together with Leonard Bocour (1910–1993) USA – Acrylic paint.
Mikhail Gurevich (1893–1976) Russia – MiG-series fighter aircraft including world's most produced jet aircraft MiG-15 and most produced supersonic aircraft MiG-21 (together with Artem Mikoyan).
Trevor Baylis (born 1937) UK – a wind-up radio.
Stepan Makarov (1849–1904) Russia – Icebreaker Yermak the first true icebreaker able to ride over and crush pack ice.
Camillo Golgi (1843–1926) Italy – Golgi's method (histology).
Leonid Gobyato (1875–1915) Russia – first modern man-portable mortar.
Sten Gustaf Thulin (around the 1960s) Sweden– disposable Plastic shopping bag.
Carl Roman Abt (1850–1933) Switzerland – Abt rack railway system.
Andrey Geim (born 1958) Russia/United Kingdom – graphene.
C. W. Fuller (inv. 1953) USA – Gilhoolie.
Juan de la Cierva (1895–1936) Spain – the autogyro.
Hermann Anschütz-Kaempfe (1872–1931) Germany – Gyrocompass.
Fritz Haber (1868–1934) Germany – Haber process (ammonia synthesis).
Sushruta (600 BC) Vedic India – inventor of Plastic Surgery Cataract Surgery Rhinoplasty.
Josip Belušić (1847–?) Croatia – electric speedometer.
William Bradford Shockley (1910–1989) USA – co-inventor of transistor.
Al-Kindi (Alkindus) (801–873) Iraq/Yemen – ethanol pure distilled alcohol cryptanalysis frequency analysis.
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
In our work we are always between Scylla and Charybdis; we may fail to abstract enough and miss important physics or we may abstract too much and end up with fictitious objects in our models turning into real monsters that devour us. ~ Murray Gell-Mann b. 1929
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Chemistry is necessarily an experimental science: its conclusions are drawn from data and its principles supported by evidence from facts. ~ Michael Faraday - 1791 to 1867
The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
Everything that human beings or living animals do is done by protein molecules. And therefore the kind of proteins that one has and therefore the ability one has is determined by the genes that one has. ~ Har Gobind Khorana 1922 – 2011 - Molecular Biologist
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products