Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
Gavriil Ilizarov (1921–1992) Russia – Ilizarov apparatus external fixation distraction osteogenesis.
Richard Hamming (1915–1998) USA – Hamming code.
Tokushichi Mishima (1893–1975) Japan – MKM magnetic steel.
Henry Burden (1791–1871) Scotland and USA – Horseshoe machine first usable iron railed road spike.
Thomas Wedgwood (1771–1805) UK – first (not permanent) photograph.
Kalman Tihanyi (1897–1947) Hungary – co-inventor of cathode ray tube and iconoscope.
Frank Pantridge (1916–2004) Ireland – Portable defibrillator.
Carl Auer von Welsbach (1858–1929) Austria – Gas mantle ferrocerium.
Elmer R. Gates (1859–1923) USA – foam fire extinguisher electric loom mechanisms magnetic & diamagnetic separators educational toy ("box & blocks")*.
Gerhard Fischer (1899–1988) Germany/USA – hand-held metal detector.
Svyatoslav Fyodorov (1927–2000) Russia – radial keratotomy.
Daniel David Palmer (1845–1913) Canada – chiropractic.
Henry Shrapnel (1761–1842) UK – Shrapnel shell ammunition.
Vasily Andreyev (1861–1918) Russia – standard balalaika.
Elijah McCoy (1843–1929) Canada – Displacement lubricator.
Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor (born 1972) Malaysia – cell growth in outer space crystallization of proteins and microbes in space.
Rowland Hill (1795–1879) UK – postage stamp.
Gustav Tauschek (1899–1945) Austria – Drum memory.
Almon Strowger (1839–1902) USA – automatic telephone exchange.
Fedor Tokarev (1871–1968) Russia – TT-33 semiautomatic handgun and SVT-40 self-loading rifle.
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Still I had a lurking question. Would it not be better if one could really ‘see’ whether molecules as complicated as the sterols or strychnine were just as experiment suggested? ~ Dorothy Hodgkin - 1910 to 1984
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
The time however has arrived when biology must like the other sciences make a fresh start in a purely speculative direction free from all entanglement with medical or any other art. ~ Auguste Compte 1798 to 1857 - Philosopher of Science
Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Biology is the study of the complex things in the Universe. Physics is the study of the simple ones. ~ Richard Dawkins 1941 – present - Evolutionary Biologist
If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.