What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
The physical chemists never use their eyes and are most lamentably lacking in chemical culture. It is essential to cast out from our midst root and branch this physical element and return to our laboratories. ~ Henry Edward Armstrong 1848 to 1937
Gustav de Laval (1845–1913) Sweden – invented the milk separator and the milking machine.
Bhargav Sri Prakash (born 1977) India/USA - Learnification platform at FriendsLearn Virtual Reality System electromagnetic collision avoidance system OBD based in-vehicle powertrain performance measurement rate based driver controls for drive by wire systems.
Eugene Polley (1915–2012) United States – wireless remote control (with Robert Adler).
Abd al-Rahman al-Sufi (Azophi) (903–986) Persia/Iran – timekeeping astrolabe navigational astrolabe surveying astrolabe.
Fritz Haber (1868–1934) Germany – Haber process (ammonia synthesis).
John Wesley Hyatt (1837–1920) USA – celluloid manufacturing..
Genrich Altshuller (1926–1998) Russia – TRIZ ("The Theory of Solving Inventor's Problems").
Sir William Siemens (1823–1883) Germany – regenerative furnace.
David Strang (inv. 1890) New Zealand – first Instant coffee.
Margaret E. Knight (1838–1914) USA – machine that completely constructs box-bottom brown paper bags.
E. K. Gauzen Russia – three bolt equipment (early diving costume).
George Stephenson (1781–1848) UK – steam railway.
Albert Hofmann (1906–2008) Switzerland – LSD.
Simon Stevin (1548–1620) Netherlands – land yacht.
Thomas Wedgwood (1771–1805) UK – first (not permanent) photograph.
Ali Kashmiri ibn Luqman (fl.1589–1590) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Lala Balhumal Lahuri (c. 1842) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Gustav Tauschek (1899–1945) Austria – Drum memory.
Richard Drew (1899–1980) USA – Masking tape.
Mikhail Kalashnikov (1919–2013) Russia – AK-47 and AK-74 assault rifles (the most produced ever).
I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
Everything that human beings or living animals do is done by protein molecules. And therefore the kind of proteins that one has and therefore the ability one has is determined by the genes that one has. ~ Har Gobind Khorana 1922 – 2011 - Molecular Biologist
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
The chemists are a strange class of mortals impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor soot and flame poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I were to change places with the Persian king. ~ Johann Joachim Becher - 1635 to 1682
There are many ways of knocking electrons out of atoms. The simplest is to rub two surfaces together. ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more