All increasing or dominant species (and it is from these that new species arise) vary considerably in all their parts organs and faculties in every generation. ~ Alfred Russel Wallace 1823 to 1913 - Zoologist Evolutionary Biologist
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
Nicholas McKay Sr. (1920–2014) USA – Lint roller.
Joseph Plateau (1801–1883) Belgium – phenakistiscope (stroboscope).
Adolphe Sax (1814–1894) Belgium – saxophone.
Aleksandr Porokhovschikov (1892–1941) Russia – Vezdekhod (the first prototype tank or tankette and the first caterpillar amphibious ATV).
Ahmed Majan (1963–) UAE – instrumented racehorse saddle and others.
Vladimir Syromyatnikov (1933–2006) Russia – Androgynous Peripheral Attach System and other spacecraft docking mechanisms.
Donald A. Glaser (1926–2013) USA – Bubble chamber.
Zénobe Gramme (1826–1901) Belgium/France – Gramme dynamo.
Yuri Trutnev (1927–) Russia – co-developer of the Tsar Bomb.
John W. Mauchly (1907–1980) USA – ENIAC – the first general purpose programmable digital computer.
Louis Braille (1809–1852) France – Braille writing system Braille musical notation.
James Dyson (born 1947) UK – Dual Cyclone bagless vacuum cleaner incorporating the principles of cyclonic separation..
Karl von Reichenbach (1788–1869) Germany – paraffin creosote oil phenol.
Augustin-Jean Fresnel (1788–1827) France – Fresnel lens.
Richard Hall Gower (1768–1833) UK – ship's hull and rigging.
Alexander Fleming (1881–1955) Scotland – penicillin.
Richard Drew (1899–1980) USA – Masking tape.
Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky (1863–1944) Russia/France – early colour photography method based on three colour channels also colour film slides and colour motion pictures.
Alexander Bereznyak (1912–1974) Russia – first rocket-powered fighter aircraft BI-1 (together with Isaev).
Felix Hoffmann (Bayer) (1868–1949) Germany – Aspirin.
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
The condition of matter I have dignified by the term Electronic THE ELECTRONIC STATE. What do you think of that? Am I not a bold man ignorant as I am to coin words? ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Falsity in intellectual action is intellectual immorality. - Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin 1843 to 1928 Geologist
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
There are many ways of knocking electrons out of atoms. The simplest is to rub two surfaces together. ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.