Even though a polar bears average body temperature is 37°C; they don’t give off any detectable heat, so they won’t show up in infrared photographs.
1 in every 4 Americans has appeared someway or another on television.
In 2011 a small town in Spain on the brink of financial ruin bet on the world's biggest lottery and won.
During WW2 India produced the largest volunteer Army in world history: over 2.5 million men. At least 38 Indians received the Victoria Cross or the George Cross.
Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it.
Divorce is illegal in the Philippines.
Swedish wasn't made the official language of Sweden until 2009.
All polar bears are left-handed.
Yoda from Star Wars was almost played by a monkey.
Chewing gum is banned in Singapore.
Two-thirds of all the people in the world who have ever lived to be 65 years old are still alive today.
Scientists have developed a way of charging mobile phones using urine.
Nepal was the first country in Asia to introduce gay marriage. It has also outlawed the death penalty.
Anne Frank was posthumously baptized "by proxy" into Mormonism at least 9 times.
Albert Einstein's brain had a parietal lobe that was 15% larger than the average brain.
There are more beetles than any other animal. In fact one out of every four animals is a beetle.
Bikinis and tampons invented by men.
In 2013 North Korea's president killed his own uncle by throwing him naked into a cage with 120 starving dogs.
John F Kennedy had such concerns about the space program's high cost that he proposed partnering with the Soviet Union on a joint expedition to the moon.
Mexico has68 official languages.
There are an estimated 400 million dogs in the world.
Christmas trees usually grow for about 15 years before they are sold.
Metallica is the first and only band to play on all seven continents.
The RMS Titanic was built in Belfast Northern Ireland.
A crocodiles tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth.
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
Krubera Cave the deepest known cave on Earth has depth of 2 197 m (7 208 ft).
More than 100 000 babies are born addicted to cocaine each year in the U.S. due to their mothers' use of the drug during pregnancy.
In Uganda, 50% of the population is under 15 years of age.
Antarctica is the coldest windiest highest and driest continent on Earth.
Carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been hit by a lightning strike.
Oceans cover 71% of the Earth's surface.
In ancient Greece “idiot” meant a private citizen or layman.
There's a village in India that produces most bouncers and bodyguards of New Delhi's nightclubs.
The last words Abraham Lincoln heard were "you sockdologizing old man-trap " a punchline from the play "Our American Cousin."
There's a restaurant in Japan using monkeys as waiters.
Tobacco addicts are most likely to consider quitting the habit on Mondays.
The space between your eyebrows is called Nasion.
The U.S. Civil War had a Balloon Corps established by Abraham Lincoln.
There is high-speed Internet on the moon: 19 MBPS.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)