Pure mathematics exist by themselves; no will produces them no power can limit them. They are eternal laws that no man can infringe and from which it is impossible to escape. ~ S. Sandaram Iyer 1883 - Philosopher
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
Archibald Low (1882–1956) Britain – Pioneer of radio guidance systems.
Vladimir Barmin (1909–1993) Russia – first rocket launch complex (spaceport).
James Dewar (1842–1923) UK – Thermos flask.
Guglielmo Marconi (1874–1937) Italy – radio telegraphy.
Igor Kurchatov (1903–1960) Russia – first nuclear power plant first nuclear reactors for submarines and surface ships.
Giacomo da Lentini (13th Century) Italy – Sonnet.
Tommy Flowers (1905–1998) UK – Colossus an early electronic computer..
Archimedes (c. 287–212 BC) Greece – Archimedes' screw.
Sergey Korolyov (1907–1966) Ukraine/Russia – first successful intercontinental ballistic missile (R-7 Semyorka) R-7 rocket family Sputniks (including the first Earth-orbiting artificial satellite) Vostok program (including the first human spaceflight).
Rudolf Diesel (1858–1913) Germany – Diesel engine.
Auguste Piccard (1884–1962) Switzerland – Bathyscaphe.
Samuel W. Alderson (1914–2005) USA – Crash test dummy.
Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen (1845–1923) Germany – the X-ray machine.
Josef Popper (1838-1921) Austria- discovered the transmission of power by electricity..
Carl D. Keith (1920–2008) together with John J. Mooney (c. 1928–) USA – three way catalytic converter.
Christiaan Huygens (1629–1695) Netherlands – pendulum clock.
Joseph Priestley (1733–1804) UK – soda water.
Alfred Binet (1857–1911) France – with his student Théodore Simon (1872–1961) first practical Intelligence test.
Grace Murray Hopper (1906–1992) USA – Compiler.
John Heysham Gibbon (1903–1973) USA – Heart-lung machine.
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” - Marie Curie 1867 to 1934 Chemist Physicist
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.