Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. - W. Clement Stone
Success is the space one occupies in the newspaper. Success is one day's insolence. - Elias Canetti
"The art of effective listening is essential to clear communication, and clear communication is necessary to management success." - James Cash Penney
Before you continue, Read About…
Pay Your Bills on Time: When you miss a bill, you get charged fees. So, instead of paying your bills on the last day, pay them first. If you have money left over, then use it for other purposes, but don’t do so until you have paid the bills.
Don’t Ask Questions if You Can Answer Them Yourself: One thing the successful do well is to solve problems themselves, rather than burdening others with them. If you want a promotion, you have to learn how to do this, too.
Keep Track of Your Finances in a Spreadsheet: Instead of hoping that your finances will work themselves out, play a role in shaping your financial future by keeping track of everything in a spreadsheet. This is often the difference between success and failure in personal finance.
Affirm Yourself and Your Choices: In business, you will have to make many difficult decisions. Instead of constantly second-guessing your decisions, take time to affirm your choices periodically, so that you do become overwhelmed by self-doubt.
Be Open-Minded and Accepting of Your Significant Other’s Needs: Just as you have needs, your significant other also has needs. Try to be sensitive and thoughtful in responding to these needs, rather than bargaining with your partner for the best deal you can get.
Stop Blaming Others for Your Problem: While others may make your problems worse, only you can solve them. So stop blaming other people for your problems and take responsibility for your life and decisions.
Make Yourself Known at Conferences: In addition to making yourself known within the company, make yourself known outside of the company. Go to the relevant conferences for workers in your industry; and try to make a reasonable showing, so that people remember your name.
Correct Your Weaknesses: Another important trait of the successful is their ability to identify and correct weaknesses. For instance, if they recognize that they are particularly weak at decision-making, then they will make an effort to become decisive, rather than wallowing in self-loathing or anger about their problem.
Try to Cut Your Spending by 10% Per Month: If you’re currently over-budget, consider cutting your expenses by 10%. Even if it seems hard to do initially, figure it out and do it.
Watch Video: ONE SHOT – Motivational Video
(via YouTube)Nothing recedes like success. - Walter Winchell
Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders. - Sloan Wilson
"One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life." - Edward B. Butler
"I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite." - Gilbert K. Chesterton
"In a balanced organization, working towards a common objective, there is success." - Arthur Helps
You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success - or are they holding you back? - W. Clement Stone
Success and failure are both part of life. Both are not permanent. - Shahrukh Khan
"At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents." - Jane D. Hull
"What material success does is provide you with the ability to concentrate on other things that really matter. And that is being able to make a difference, not only in your own life, but in other people's lives." - Oprah Winfrey
But I like not these great success of yours for I know how jealous are the gods. - Herodotus
Without failure there is no sweetness in success. There's no understanding of it. - Glenn Beck
It is on our failures that we base a new and different and better success. - Havelock Ellis
"Success in life comes not from holding a good hand, but in playing a poor hand well." - Denis Waitley
"My father was an immigrant who literally walked across Europe to get out of Russia. He fought in World War I. He was wounded in action. My father was a great success even though he never had money. He was a very determined man, a great role model." - Arlen Specter
"We're not uncomfortable with it, and we've already been through enough of the music business where I'm not really worried that commercial success is going to in some way - we're already past saving, you know what I mean? It's too late for us." - Jerry Garcia
"Although in skating you compete with other people, anyone who achieves a certain level of success is first and foremost competing against themselves. And for me the idea that I could always do better, learn more, learn faster, is something that came from skating. But I carried that with me for the rest of my life." - Vera Wang
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)