The Australian $5 to $100 notes are made of plastic.
Our lungs and nasal passages have exquisitely tiny hairs called cilia that can "taste" bitter flavors.
20%of all women in London during the 1700s were prostitutes.
The average American spends over 5 months of his life on the phone.
On a Canadian two-dollar bill the American flag is flying over the Parliament Building.
The Bible contains plenty of puns funny names humorous imagery sarcasm and irony.
Mathematician Paul Erdos could calculate in his head given a person's age how many seconds they had lived when he was just 4 years old.
When giraffes age, their fur darkens.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange appeared on an episode of The Simpsons. He recorded his lines over the phone from the Ecuadorian embassy in Britain where he has been granted asylum.
In 1974 Kim Il-sung took 1 000 Volvo sedans from Sweden to North Korea and never paid for them.
Smoking near Apple computers voids the warranty.
The mask used by Michael Myers in the original film “Halloween” was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
Your heart can keep beating even if it is separated from the body because it has its own electrical impulse.
In the last 4000 years no new animals have been domesticated.
The human body is comprised of 80% water.
A blue whale is larger than a basketball court.
Before being an actor Bruce Willis worked as a private investigator.
Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.
Greek philosopher Chrysippus is said to have died of laughter after getting his donkey drunk trying to eat figs.
In Alabama it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.
During the Holocaust a Jewish woman exposed up to 3 000 hiding Jews to the Gestapo to save her family. Even after the Nazis sent her parents and husband to Auschwitz anyway in 1943 she continued to work for the Gestapo until 1945.
In eighteenth-century English gambling dens there was an employee whose only job was to swallow the dice if there was a police raid.
Over a million Europeans were captured and sold as slaves to North Africa between 1530 and 1780.
The Golden Gate Bridge is the #1 suicide site in the world.
Cockroaches can make group decisions. When 50 cockroaches are presented with 3 shelters that can only house 40 they'll split evenly into two groups and leave one shelter empty.
The most expensive First Class suites in the Titanic were to have cost up to £870 (£75 156 today).
Ferrets sleep around 20 hours a day.
There's only one STOP sign in the entire city of Paris.
Cocks don't have cocks. In 97% of bird species the males don't have penises.
Even thinking about a favorite food triggered release of dopamine a feel-good hormone also produced during sex and drug use.
Popcorn was first domesticated in Mexico 9 000 years ago.
When Columbus "discovered" the Americas the continent was already inhabited by 90 million people which was a third of the world's population.
Heart attacks are more likely to happen on a Monday.
In every episode of “Seinfeld” there is a Superman picture or reference somewhere.
The word “queue” is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.
KitKats' year production could stretch around the London Underground more than 350 times.
Bill Gates continued to fly coach until 1997 when his net worth was already US$36 billion.
The terms "UK" and "Great Britain" are not interchangeable: the United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland while Great Britain does not.
Hong Kong holds the most Rolls Royce’s per capita.
During prohibition the U.S. Congress had their own bootlegger so senators and congressmen could still drink alcohol.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)