24k Gold melts at 1063°C or 1945°F.
One of the assassins of Archduke Franz Ferdinand threw a grenade but missed the car. He swallowed cyanide and jumped to the River Miljacka. The cyanide was expired and did not work and the river was only 10cm deep. He was captured seconds later.
Australia claims to own the largest territory in Antarctica: 5.8 million sq km (2.2 million sq mi).
A flock of crows is known as a murder.
Termites have been known to eat food twice as fast when heavy metal music is playing.
Lack of oxygen in the brain for 5 to 10 minutes results in permanent brain damage.
In Germany there's a specific word for analyzing and learning to live with the past in particular the Holocaust: "Vergangenheitsbewaltigung."
64% of World's Extreme Poor Live in Just 5 Countries: India China Nigeria Bangladesh and Congo.
Sitting for more than three hours a day can cut two years off a person's life expectancy.
Your nose can remember 50 000 different scents.
95% of all data in the world is still stored on paper. Most of it is never looked at again.
Despite a population of over a billion China has only about 200 family names.
The first online transaction ever was Stanford students buying marijuana from MIT students.
The Incas' measurement of time was based on how long it took to boil a potato.
In the early years of the 20th century horses were causing so much pollution with their poop that cars were seen as the "green" alternative.
Only 5% of dogs experience dental decay compared with 90% of children.
49% of U.S. Adults eat one sandwich a day.
There's a Twitter account that narrates WW2 in "real-time."
Astronauts aboard the ISS change clothes near a filter that sucks up the skin particles that would otherwise float around.
100 acres of Pizza are served in the U.S. every day.
The Catholic Church considers the Theory of Evolution to be "virtually certain" and believes that intelligent design "isn't science even though it pretends to be."
Mouse sperm is larger than elephant sperm.
The average man is 4-5 inches taller than the average woman.
In Aspen Colorado you can have a maximum income of $104 000 and still receive government subsidized housing.
One third of all cancers are sun related.
A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off.
Eminem wrote and recorded "The Real Slim Shady" just 3 hours before his album was due.
There are more living organisms in a teaspoonful of soil than there are people on earth.
Lightning strikes Earth about 100 times per second or 8.6 Million times per day.
Long-term mobile phone use significantly increases the risk of brain tumours a study found.
Sprite may be one of the best remedies for hangovers according to studies.
If you announce your goals to others you are less likely to make them happen because you lose motivation studies confirmed.
When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
Viagra can keep cut flowers standing up straight for up to a week longer than normal.
Cats can hear ultrasound.
Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
Sean Connery wore a toupee in all of the James Bond movies because he started balding at age 21.
Cat owners are 30% less likely to suffer a heart attack.
The Greek language has 4 words for love. Agape: Charitable love; Eros: Sexual love; Philia: Love between friends; and Storge: Family love.
Egyptian Pyramid workers were paid with beer: 1 gallon (4L) per day.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)