"Success depends in a very large measure upon individual initiative and exertion, and cannot be achieved except by a dint of hard work." - Anna Pavlova
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. - Franklin D. Roosevelt
No one has a corner on success. It is his who pays the price. - Orison Swett Marden
Before you continue, Read About…
Befriend the HR Department: Make a friend in human resources. Next time there is a job opening in the works, you will be one of the first people to find out about it.
Consider Visiting a Mortgage Broker: Visit a mortgage broker. Even if you ultimately do not use one of the companies she suggests, you can get a feel for what is out there in terms of payment sizes, interest rates, and other important features.
Be Persistent: In business, few things are more closely related to success than persistence. Persistence will determine whether you push ahead or give up altogether. And persistence will determine whether you eventually break through as a leader in your field; or whether you allow everyone else to walk over you to get to the top.
Don’t Dwell on the Past: It’s impossible to go throughout a career without hitting a number of bumps in the road. No matter how hard you try, no matter how thoughtful you are, you are bound to hit snags in the road. And when you do hit those snags, your reaction to them will forever influence your capacity for success. You can either learn from them, move on, and continue on your career; or you can harp on them for weeks, months, or even years—allowing them to drag you down at every step of the way. No matter how bad your failure was, it’s over. All you can do now is work carefully to improve your future prospects.
Accept Responsibility for The Outcomes of Your Work (Good or Bad): One important part of success is responsibility. Those who accept responsibility for their actions; and move forward from there will feel empowered to make changes. And those who cannot accept responsibility will never full understand how much they can control.
Volunteer to do Presentations: In many workplaces, presentations are a vital part of communicating ideas to employees and business partners. Unfortunately, many people fear presentations; and often opt not to give them when given the choice. If you want to be successful, you should take every opportunity to give a presentation.
Negotiate Selling Prices on Large Purchases: One stark distinction between the successful and the unsuccessful is that the successful are always willing to bargain. Even if it means that they’ll have a much less pleasant buying experience, they’ll spend hours haggling if it means they can cut hundreds or thousands off of the price tag.
Create a Career Map: Create a map of your career that shows where you have been and where you want to finish your career (perhaps in upper management or perhaps as CEO). Along each step of the way, have a plan for how you will move from one spot to the next.
Make Sure Someone Else Can Do Your Job: As unintuitive as this might seem, an important part of getting a promotion is ensuring that someone else can do your job. If the no one can, then you cannot be replaced; and cannot get promoted.
Watch Video: Muhammad Ali – Keep Working
(via YouTube)"My store, Wine Library, outsells big national chains. How do you think we do it? It started with hustle. I always say that our success wasn't due to my hundreds of online videos about wine that went viral, but to the hours I spent talking to people online afterward, making connections and building relationships." - Gary Vaynerchuk
"When you see something that is technically sweet, you go ahead and do it and you argue about what to do about it only after you have had your technical success. That is the way it was with the atomic bomb." - J. Robert Oppenheimer
"In all our deeds, the proper value and respect for time determines success or failure." - Malcolm X
"Sometimes people take it for granted that they had success, especially nowadays when you have instant stardom. A lot of people feel entitlement and nobody is entitled to anything." - Donny Osmond
I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed. - Booker T. Washington
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." - W. C. Fields
Success in life is founded upon attention to the small things rather than to the large things to the every day things nearest to us rather than to the things that are remote and uncommon. - Booker T. Washington
Success is important only to the extent that it puts one in a position to do more things one likes to do. - Sarah Caldwell
"Yeah, ideally, I'd probably wish to be more anonymous. But scrutiny and success go together. And I want to be successful." - Paula Radcliffe
There is no success without hardship. - Sophocles
"Look, if you ask a child, 'Would you rather have a fulfilled mother or a stay-at-home Sylvia Plath,' they'll pick Sylvia Plath every time. But I think it's really important that children don't feel their parents' emotional lives depend on their success." - Ayelet Waldman
A minute's success pays the failure of years. - Robert Browning
"I define success as being comfortable with yourself and your life. And that is about as good as it gets, really." - Treat Williams
To do a common thing uncommonly well brings success. - Henry J. Heinz
"Major success feels a bit like a coronation. Like I'd become a king. I was one of the most famous people in the world, loved and hated in equal measure. I couldn't see anything bad with it. It made me a happy person." - Larry Hagman
I am highly offended by the total lack of acknowledgement of my contribution to Laker success. - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- 720p HD to capture clear images for your records and while using 2-way audio (built-in microphone and speaker). 720P/20FPS,700Kbps; 360P/20FPS,200Kbps.
- 110 wide-angle lens, 940nm infrared non-invasive sensor. Capture the scene in clarity with the wide-angle lens and IR LED Night Vision Up to 32 feet. The non-invasive sensor will not disturb your sleeping children.
- Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with 360 Home App on mobile device at anytime, anywhere.Stay in Touch with Two Way Talk, Intelligent Motion Alerts, Snapshots as well as Mobile Apps.
- Secure your videos on a Micro SD card, own your video content and access video history anytime. Supports up to 32GB Micro SD card.
- Real-time streaming to your phone & activity alerts when motion is detected. 360 Home App allows you to customize your settings according to your preferences. Available for iOS and Android.
- 720p High-definition, 112° wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 345° horizontal & 115° vertical rotation range create a complete 360° coverage. Advanced night vision with 8 built-in 940nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 meters in pitch dark with no light pollution, so your baby or pet will not be disturbed by LED glare.
- Responsive and advanced microphone with a built-in anti-noise filter for a clear 2-way Audio experience. Intercom Mode: one party to talk and listen at a time or Hands-free Mode: both parties talk and listen freely for maximum flexibility.
- Receive real-time Activity Alerts while you're out. 10-sec motion tracking records and centers the moving object. Bookmark your favorite positions (up to 8) and return to them at the tap of a button. Select Auto-Cruise to survey the area 360° horizontally or cruise your bookmarks, suitable for large areas that need a quick scan (and tracks moving objects).
- YI Dome integrates with your YI Home family in one simple interface. User-friendly and intuitive app to customize your settings: activity alerts, auto-cruise, bookmarks, camera sharing, customize schedules, and more. Supports connectivity to a large number of devices with the same app/account for maximum convenience. Available for iOS and Android.
- Supports YI Cloud to avoid the risk of losing footage from an SD card, ensure all your videos are safe, secure and protected. We provide the most efficient compression and the highest protection of data, so you can be sure that your footage is safe and secure. Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with YI Home App on mobile device, and YI Home App on PC at anytime, anywhere. Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz (5Ghz currently not supported) Wi-Fi band.
- √ True 720p HD, 115° Wide Viewing Angle - 115° angle lens lets you see more of your space in true 720p without ever having to pan or tilt. Equipped with automatic IR LED, you can even remotely check if your baby is sleeping well or not during the night!
- √ Two-way Audio - Funlux security camera lets you communicate with your loved ones with built-in speaker and microphone. You can also share your device to families and friends, take and record photos to save sweet memories!
- √ Motion Detection - You will be notified with push alerts on your phone when motion is detected, enjoying peace of mind! Customize motion detection area and schedule notification time through Fulnlux app so that you can focus on things that are truly important!
- √ Free Cloud Service: All users are eligible for a 1-month free cloud of our 7 day cloud recording plan. Cloud Service requires no subscription and no credit card credentials. With the plan, you can review, save, and share footage at any time, and reduce false alerts with cloud intelligence.
- √ Please contact us via Amazon Message for any questions. You'll get 60-Day Money Back Guarantee, 2-Year Limited Warranty, Lifetime US-Based Tech Support! Note: These cameras are for indoor use only.