The birthday paradox says that in a group of just 23 people there's a 50% chance that at least two will have the same birthday.
37%of Americans think global warming is a hoax.
Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors.
Elephants can’t jump. Every other mammal can.
Spiders can survive for hours underwater by entering a self-induced coma.
Charles Richter who invented the Richter Scale was a nudist.
London only reached its pre-WW2 population level in January 2015.
The WW1 ended at 11 o'clock in the morning of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918.
You can tell a turtle’s gender by the noise it makes. Males grunt, females hiss.
Approximately 40 000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.
Dreamt is the only English word that ends in the letters amt
Darwin suggested the appendix may have been used for digesting leaves. This theory is supported by koala and horse appendixes which do just that.
The cost to construct a new Golden Gate Bridge today would be approximately US$1.2 billion.
The town of Calma Chile in the Atacama Desert has never had rain.
Nelson Mandela co-authored a book with Fidel Castro.
WW1 allied soldiers would fire thousands of rounds at random over the German trenches to boil the water in their machine guns to make tea.
According to Bill Gates by 2035 there will be almost no poor countries left in the world.
Global warming has raised the earth's average surface temperature about 1.5°F (0.8°C) since the Industrial Revolution.
There is approximately one chicken for every human being in the world.
Nelson Mandela was not removed from the U.S. terror watchlist until 2008.
Russia is bigger than Pluto.
An Indian woman who lost her leg after being thrown from a moving train became the first female amputee to climb Mount Everest in 2013.
You are more likely to die slipping in the bathtub getting struck by lightning or drowning in the bathtub than from Terrorism.
Energy drinks still don't have as much caffeine as a Starbucks coffee.
Before trees were common the Earth was covered with giant mushrooms.
There is a food substitute intended to supply all daily nutritional needs known as "Soylent".
When Montenegro became independent from Yugoslavia its Internet domain name went from .yu to .me.
When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle it travels at a rate of 25 miles per year.
People experience better sleep during the new moon and worse sleep during a full moon a study found.
Left-handers die 3 years earlier than right-handed people.
There are an estimated 400 million dogs in the world.
Trained Dogs can sniff out prostate cancer with 98% accuracy.
Lobsters breathe with the gills at the base of their legs.
One woman dies every hour in India because of dowry-related crimes.
November 28 2012 was the most peaceful day New York City ever had—not a single violent crime was reported.
The name "Argentina" comes from the Latin word for silver argentum. The original European settlers believed the country was full of silver.
One-third of first heart attacks are fatal and another third result in permanent damage to the heart.
Butterflies cannot fly if their body temperature is less than 86 degrees.
Pandas eat bamboo largely because they have no umami taste receptors. Meat tastes bland to them.
Reindeer milk has more fat than cow milk.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)