The past-tense of the English word “dare” is “durst”
The word "soccer" originated as a slang abbreviation of the word "association"
One "dog year" is not equivalent to 7 human years. Dogs age at various rates depending on their size.
Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
Corduroy comes from the French cord du roi or cloth of the king.
A man called Harold Hackett has put over 4800 messages in bottles into the ocean and has gotten 3000 responses back.
The colour red doesn’t really make bulls angry; they are color-blind.
The most poisonous fish in the world is the stone fish.
Female koala’s have two vagina’s.
20% of the Earth's oxygen is produced by the Amazon rainforest.
Every day your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles (32 km).
In Judaism finding someone a job that enables self-sufficiency is considered the highest form of charity.
Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.
Arachnophobia is the fear of spiders.
Several people have been murdered for unfriending someone on Facebook.
Caligynephobia is the fear of beautiful women.
Bayer famous for producing aspirin bought prisoners from Auschwitz to use as research subjects for testing new drugs.
The average toilet uses 6 litres (1.6 gal) of clean water in a single flush.
9 million combatants and 7 million civilians died as a result of WW1.
In North Korea people don't celebrate birthdays on July 8 and December 17 since those are the dates that Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il died.
The oldest video of cats on YouTube dates from 1894.
Ferrets sleep around 20 hours a day.
Scientists have developed a microparticle filled with oxygen that can be injected into the blood stream so we can live without breathing.
Most young fireflies feed on nectar and pollen, although adult fireflies do not need to eat to survive.
In London it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
In France nearly 96% of high schools have condom vending machines.
The chances of us eating even one spider in our sleep throughout our lifetime is close to 0%.
Russia has over 8400 nuclear weapons more than any other country.
During WW1 New Zealand raised an army of 100 000 men about 10% of its population.
In 1898 14 years before the Titanic sank author Morgan Robertson wrote a book about an "unsinkable" ship called the "Titan" that crashed into an iceberg and sank.
Ikea names sofas coffee tables and bookshelves after places in Sweden; beds wardrobes and hall furniture after places in Norway; carpets after places in Denmark and dining tables and chairs after places in Finland.
After eating, a housefly regurgitates its food and then eats it again.
It's estimated 1.5 million people are "missing missing" in the U.S.; people who have disappeared but haven't been reported as missing.
During WW1 Marie Curie attempted to donate her Gold Nobel Prize medals for the war effort but the French National Bank refused to accept them.
The official name of Spain is the "Kingdom of Spain."
Because of the rotation of the earth an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.
In a lifetime your brain's long-term memory can hold as many as 1 quadrillion (1 million billion) separate bits of information.
There are more saunas than cars in Finland.
Alexander the Great washed his hair in saffron to keep it shiny and orange.
Breathing the air in Mumbai India for just one day is equivalent to smoking 100 cigarettes.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products