Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
There are almost 60 million dogs in the United States.
In 2010 a Canadian man rescued a newborn baby from a dumpster only to find out he was the father.
Noctule bats fly before sunset, whereas Pipistrelles appear soon after sunset.
103countries have abolished the death penalty. Notable exceptions include the U.S. Japan and China.
It would take less than 6 months to get to the Moon by car at 60mph (95km/h).
All of the bacteria in our body collectively weighs about 4 pounds.
About 1 in 9 people lack access to an improved water source.
In Alaska it is illegal to shoot at a moose from the window of an airplane or other flying vehicle.
Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
54%of the Americans drink coffee every day.
More than 86 000 people are injured by tripping over their cats and dogs every year in the U.S.
Cows moo in accents specific to their region just like humans.
Magellanic penguins always return to same mate after solo journeys totalling 200 000 miles.
In Panama there's a valley where trees have square trunks.
In China it's illegal to use a wordplay or a pun in advertising or on television.
47%of the U.S. remains unoccupied despite having a population of 310 million.
Martin Luther King Jr. is a Grammy Award winner for Best Spoken Word Album.
Winston Churchill lost the 1945 election right after winning WW2.
Mexico has68 official languages.
Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.
In North Korea only military and government officials can own motor vehicles.
In October 1941 more than 50 000 Jews were killed by Romanian troops in what is now known as the "Odessa massacre."
In 2011 a woman bought a "non-visible" piece of art for $10 000.
97% of rapists in the U.S. never spend a day in jail for their crime.
Mary is mentioned more in Islam's Quran than in the entire New Testament.
12 710 people have immigrated to North Korea since 1990.
The six official languages of the United Nations are: English French Arabic Chinese Russian and Spanish.
U2 singer Bono wears sunglasses all the time because he suffers from glaucoma an eye condition.
Pandas have one of the highest bite forces of any carnivore.
America's first slave owner was a black man.
In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
There's a city in Brazil called "Nao-Me-Toque" meaning "Don't Touch Me."
Mars has the tallest known mountain on a planet of our Solar System with a height of 22 km (14 mi).
In Miami Florida roosting vultures have taken to snatching poodles from rooftop patios.
The British coined the term "Soccer" in the late 1800s not America.
Google is developing a computer so smart it can program itself.
There are approximately 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day.
The Queen Mary of Scotland became queen when she was only six days old.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)