Although modern images of India often show poverty and lack of development India was the richest country on earth until the time of British invasion in the early 17th Century.
Maine is the only state that has borders with only one other state.
In 1996 a man broke into a radio station in New Zealand held the manager hostage and demanded the station to play "Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the frog.
In 1492 the Catholic monarchs of Spain issued a decree banning all Jews from Spain. Sultan Bayezid a Muslim sent the Ottoman navy to Spain to rescue the Jews from Spanish persecution.
Harry Potter books were translated from British to American English.
“Lassie” was played by a group of male dogs; the main one was named Pal.
Offices with more male employees have far more bacteria.
To our eyes in space the sun would appear white not yellow.
Angelina Jolie's breast cancer announcement doubled the number of women being tested in its first few months.
In 1945 a rooster named Mike lived 18 months without a head.
McDonalds' Caesar salad is more fattening than their hamburger.
A Czech man Jan Honza Zampa holds the record for drinking one liter of beer in 4.11 seconds.
There are completely Black Chickens that have black plumage black legs and nails black tongue black meat and bones and even black organs.
The skin is 64% water muscles and kidneys are 79% and even the bones are watery: 31%.
Icelanders consume more Coca-Cola per Capita than any other nation.
Claustrophobia is the fear of small spaces.
For much of the way the Lewis and Clark expedition was led by a woman Sacagawea a Shoshone Indian. That’s where that saying came from… Behind every successful man there is a woman with a road map.
The placement of the eyes of a donkey enables them to see all four of their legs at all times.
About half of Americans born at the turn of the 20th century had blue eyes. Today only about 1 in 6 Americans has them.
As soon as tiger shark embryos develop teeth they attack and eat each other in the womb.
France once controlled more than 8% of the world's land.
It costs the U.S. Government US$2 768 902 per year to hold a prisoner in Guantanamo.
The first McDonald’s restaurant in Canada was in Richmond British Columbia.
Alternate American names for the Elk are the moose and the Wapiti.
During WW1 New Zealand raised an army of 100 000 men about 10% of its population.
When Columbus "discovered" the Americas the continent was already inhabited by 90 million people which was a third of the world's population.
Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year
Lake Hillier in Australia is a bright pink color and scientists aren't sure why.
In the U.S. it costs US$245 000 to raise a child before college.
There's a Coffee Shop in France where not saying "hello" and "please" makes your coffee more expensive.
Scientists believe cats are afraid of water because their ancestors lived in an area with very few large bodies of water and never had to learn how to swim.
The past-tense of the English word “dare” is “durst”
"Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia"is the scientific term for brain freeze.
The founder of Alcoholics Anonymous demanded alcohol during the last few days of his life.
The coldest place on Earth is a high ridge in Antarctica where temperatures can dip below -133°F (-93.2°C).
In addition to aches fever and pains Tylenol (acetaminophen) also alleviates psychological pain such as social rejection.
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
A poem written to celebrate a wedding is called a epithalamium.
The launch code for all U.S. Minuteman nuclear missiles for 20 years used the same code: 00000000.
Mexican free-tailed bats sometimes fly up to two miles high to feed or to catch tail-winds that carry them over long distances at speeds of more than 60 miles per hour.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products